Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Diretions over a BT earphone?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Diretions over a BT earphone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Diretions over a BT earphone? Reply with quote

With an IPAQ 2210 running NAvigon MBNEE 4, is it possible to have the direction announcements / traffic coming only over the earphone rather than the PPC speaker? I feel that way I could always hear them, but my passenger(s) wouldn't need to!

Anyone know if that is possible?
big_ipaq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't a headset solve the problem? Just plug it in your iPAQ and listen to it. What is your concern?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK it's not possible over a BT headset, alternative is to use headphones but you'll probably get pulled over by a police officer if he sees you wearing headphones.
big_ipaq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried myself using my Nokia HDW-2 with iPAQ 5550, but I get only a beep once at each second or so. I've no idea why, but it does not seem to work, let alone when BT GPS is already connected.
DavidH
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.

It seems very odd if you can't get the sound to an earpiece. All I'm after is a sort of wireless headphone (easily available for hi-fi etc) but to an earpice so that, as Dave Burrows says, the police don't get involved. I s'pose I could buy wireless headphones, take them apart, fit the decoder onto a standard earpiece ....

I believe there are FM transmitters to send the output to a radio (with an FM decoder in it naturally). Do they mute the PPC's output? If so, I've no idea what BT is (is it a MHz transmitter with some digital coding?) but couldn't the transmitter be added to so that it puts out bluetooth?

As a temporary measure, do the sort of in-ear phones that come with mobiles work with an IPAQ 2210?
(I suspect the answer will inevitably be no, but can't see why!)
big_ipaq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your're looking at a wired solution, I suggest buy some walkman stereo/mono earpiece. The jack should fit your iPAQ nicely. As for the wireless solution, I've no idea.

I use myself an earpiece and place it in my ear (I am not so mobile when driving so wired is not that anoying) when I need to listen instructions carefully.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: