Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How can I get tomtom map bigger?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I get tomtom map bigger?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Possum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: How can I get tomtom map bigger? Reply with quote

I have a Dell Axim X51v with globalsat bt-338 running tomtom navigator 5.21. I've found the map/POI on tomtom too small. I've trialed tomtom before on an imate pda2, pda2k and ipaq (can't remember the model) all on WM2003SE and the map/poi were bigger and all good. I am suspecting tomtom detects that the Axim X51v is of higher resolution and therefore chose to display more map/poi - meaning smaller map/poi. Is there a way to rectify the situation:

1. by setting the map/POI in tomtom to make everything larger (zoom does not work as it resumes the same zoom after a few seconds), or
2. by tricking tomtom to believe it is on a lower resultion pda and display map/POI bigger (like the imate pda2 counterpart). I have tried the resolution/font thing in settings but it does not have effect on tomtom (calender fonts are bigger etc. but not tomtom).

I am prepared to fiddle with registry if it comes down to that. I can't be the only person with poor eye sight.

thanks

stanley
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do this modification on my hx4700, and yes, the TomTom Navigator.exe program senses VGA and makes use of it.

You need to use this program called resource hacker http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

Copy your original TomTom Navigator.exe file from the Program Files\Navigator directory on the Pocket PC, to the desktop or somewhere on your main PC.

Run the Resource hacker, theres a list in the left hand side, you need to delete the key called something like (going off memory) CEUX / vga aware.

Save the file, and copy it back to the pocket pc and overwrite the original TomTom Navigator.EXE

Theres should be some more detailed instructions if you do a search on this site for resource hacker - its been a while since I've done it
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked it, extract and open resource hacker, click File - open, select TomTom Navigator.exe, then open the CEUX - HI_RES_AWARE key and right click on 2057, then click delete resource.

Then click on file and save. Exit the program and then copy TomTom Navigator.exe it back to the pocket pc
thewww
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that advice i was about to sell my xda exec because i could not read the street names because they were so small compared to my previous pda

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: