Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - viamichelin help please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

viamichelin help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitebullet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: viamichelin help please Reply with quote

i have a hp rz1710 with viamichelin 4.4 and for some reason it takes about 20 mins before it will find a satalite, it started when my freind removed 4.4 and put tom-tom on it but as its a kirio gps it wouldnt take tom-tom so he put viamichelin 4.4 back on and its been wrong ever since, my main problem is that i bought the hp rz1710 with the gps cradle of ebay as it was a bargain but no soft ware what so ever only what was on my sd card, so is there some where i can download a complete copy of viamichelin 4.4 or even earlier programms like 3.2 i am not botherd as long as it works because of my job, many thanks in advance.
whitebullet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any1
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to re-install VM 4.4 but can't do so because you don't have the original installation disks. I really don't see any way around that unless you buy a new set. I'm afraid your e-bay bargain won't turn out to be such a good deal after all.

On the other hand you say that your friend has already re-installed VM 4.4 after removing it in favour of TomTom, so he must have the full installation set.

Or have I completely misunderstood ?
whitebullet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i know is he downloaded it from on the net some where and now it takes around 20mins to locate a satalite where as before it worked straight away
thanks for your reply
metroace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past few weeks it has taken longer for me (located on the edge of London) to get a sattelite fix than normal. Sometimes up to 10 minutes and once almost 20 minutes. Then when I do get a fix, it is only 4 or 5 rather than the normal 8 or 9. I thought it was just me ...!
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a conspiracy to get you lost so you'll stray into the congestion charge area !
whitebullet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just bought vm3.0 and a new sd card i have put it in and it started up, great i thought but it when i plug it into the car the the sat nav comes on but no gps signal, i am about to throw it against the wall
PLEASE HELP ME Crying or Very sad
metroace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On first trying to get a signal, it can sometimes take one heck of a long time. After that it gets quicker.

Ealrier this year I used my satnav in Ibiza. When I cam back and swapped back to my UK mapping, it took almost 30 minutes for the satnav to get a fix after which it went back to its normal few seconds to find itself again.
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you be more specific ?

“when i plug it into the car” – how are you connecting to the GPS receiver ? Is it built into your PDA, or is it connected by cable, bluetooth, … ?

“no gps signal” – does this mean you aren’t seeing any satellites at all and so not getting any incoming data, or is VM just being incredibly slow in converting that data into a fix (as metroace suggests may be the case) ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: