Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 Activation Code and WM5 - 2003SE reversion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 Activation Code and WM5 - 2003SE reversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: TTN5 Activation Code and WM5 - 2003SE reversion Reply with quote

I have a Dell X50V which currently has Windows Mobile 5 on it and TTN5.

If I revert back to 2003SE (to get rid of several well documented issues with this combination) will the activation code change?

I have already used up my "two strikes", one on my previous IPAQ and one on the X50V.

Anyone know whether the device code from which the activation code is generated comes from a hardware serial number :D or from a code generated when the ROM is flashed Crying or Very sad

Anyone done a ROM update (up or down) - did the device code changed?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A work mate of mine "upgraded" his Dell x50v to WM2005, the TomTom re-installed correctly requiring no activation, after much trouble with the WM2005 OS on the unit he reverted back to WM2003SE (power drain issues with the device switched off was the prime reason), again TT re-loaded and worked without requiring an additional activation - if you don't like WM2005 on the device it will roll back, what is your issue though? - Mike
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The roll-back to WM2003SE will lose all my currently installed applications.

If the re-install of TTN5 generates a different device code I would not get a new activation code from TT codes as I have already had two. The procedure then requires supplying evidence of purchase but I have bought nothing - merely flashed the machine with a new ROM image which is a free download from DELL.

Having read the MSDN Blogs about Windows Mobile issues it would seem that Microsoft think they know what HP and Dell did wrong with their WM5 upgrades to the 4700 and X50 (used block size of 4096 for flash memory instead of recommended 512) but cannot say why it didnt work. Whether HP and Dell fix it is up to them but seems unlikely given the age of the devices. Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: