Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Big difference between Ipaq and an incar navigation system ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Big difference between Ipaq and an incar navigation system ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MILLWALLFC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Big difference between Ipaq and an incar navigation system ? Reply with quote

Hi,

i have recently purchased a pocket PC and found it could do Navigation. Now i already have a Clarion in car navigation in my car but i thought for a £130 extra (SD CARd & CF GPS) i can transfer from car to car.

Now the big difference i notice is this.

Every-time i turn my car navigation on there is no need for TTFF is knows where you are. now i know you don't take it in and out of the car so that is easy.

But what i want to know is how does mine get a reception always. i.e. i think the antenna is under the driver seat but it gets a fantastic signal, it don't need to be near glass or anything. ?

Also it never losses signal, every-time i go under a bridge through a tunnel etc with Ipaq it losses the signal. But with the Clarion it even shows the water above (i.e. going through blackwall tunnel).

I just wondered what GPS do the clarion use, and how much do they cost since the SysonChip Cf cost £100.

I know my In car Navigation kit cost me £1,200. But about £650.00 was for the screen. I have to say the Clarion software made by teleatlas is Superior. i.e. if you go along the wrong way it don't tell you to do a U turn like TOMTOM, it tells you to take a left or right and puts you on that way, or waits for a roundabout.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why you don't have to wait for a TTFF is that most in-car systems are permanently wired to the battery or fuse box, so in essence I suspect your receiver/antenna isn't being powered down.

When going under bridges, what you have to remember with the more expensive in-car systems is that they have use the speed pulse wiring and also have gyro's, so even if you lose sat signal, they can still predict roughly where you are by way of speed and direction.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: