Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin i3 maps gone :(
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin i3 maps gone :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagg7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Garmin i3 maps gone :( Reply with quote

Hi all, i`ve been visiting this site for a long time but this is me first post so be gentle Laughing Out Loud,

I`ll try and explain this as easy as i can.

My Brother has given me a garmin i3 and ya know when you first turn the unit on and you see your home and the the street ectt. well they aint showing. All that is on the screen is a white background and a blue triangle { as your starting point if you know what i mean}.

I have no idea whats wrong here as on the one i had it showed were i was and my street and others near me, Is there anything i can do so it shows the map and not just the white screen with your location and nothing else{ triangle} ?

Is there a way { or download} to get the map back?

Oh and there`s a error box saying * Route Calculation Error: No roads near starting point* if that helps yall.

Thx Shaun
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin i3 maps gone :( Reply with quote

jagg7 wrote:
Hi all, i`ve been visiting this site for a long time but this is me first post so be gentle Laughing Out Loud,

I`ll try and explain this as easy as i can.

My Brother has given me a garmin i3 and ya know when you first turn the unit on and you see your home and the the street ectt. well they aint showing. All that is on the screen is a white background and a blue triangle { as your starting point if you know what i mean}.

I have no idea whats wrong here as on the one i had it showed were i was and my street and others near me, Is there anything i can do so it shows the map and not just the white screen with your location and nothing else{ triangle} ?

Is there a way { or download} to get the map back?

Oh and there`s a error box saying * Route Calculation Error: No roads near starting point* if that helps yall.

Thx Shaun

Welcome to the forum Shaun

It may be that the unit requires a fix from the satellites to sort out its location. With 2 batteries fitted take outside in a clear area and wait untill the bars on upper left go green (could take 15 mins or more) now select view map is this showing where you are located Question
jagg7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , thx for the quick reply,

That was the first thing i tried and still got the white screen . then while reading through some ollld post`s on here { think i went back as far as the dawn of time Laughing Out Loud} i seen lots ov posts were white screen was mentioned with ver 3.10. i looked at this unit HAD ver 3.10 Laughing Out Loud. i read more, found out how to do a hard reset and got { linked in an old post on here} the link for ver 2.70 as most seem to like that 1 better. All is as it should be now, i got the roads showing.

Thx to all the info ect on here. and thx again for replying

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: