Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Capture, Installation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Capture, Installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: POI Capture, Installation Reply with quote

I am considering installing the POI Capture in my TTG 700 v5.420 however I would rather change file names before I download as I am not keepn on meddling with the original software!

I am told to rename the tomtom.700.mnu in the SDK file to tomtom.mnu. The only tomtom.mnu file I can find is in the POI Capture Zip file, it is however not in the SDK Registry folder but is a separate file along with the Pocketgpscameras.ov2 file. I cannot find either a tomtom.mnu, a ttomtom.700.mnu nor a SDK Registry folder in my original TTG700 database.

Is it the mnu file in my TTG database or in the POI Capture download that I am supposed to be renaming?

Am I looking in the wrong place?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you downloaded the correct File? You should have POICapture1.03G.5.420.zip

From what you state it would seem that you have, perhaps, used the Version for the ONE.

With the File above there are 2 tomtom.mnu Files in the Root of the Unzipped Folder. The one, tomtom.700.mnu, is then re-named to tomtom.mnu and placed in the SdkRegistry Folder on the 700.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
shaka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, Thank you, I had the wrong download, there are 2 x mnu files a 300 and a 700 ! However, I assume the SDK Registry you refer to is the one in the download, as one does not already exist on the software of my TTG 700?

Thus I move the renamed mnu file in the download into the downloaded Sdy Registry and dump whole POI Capture zip file in the root of the TTG. Presumably I can also delete the tomtom.mnu.300 so as not to waste space on the TTG hard disk?

thanks in anticpation
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unzip the downloaded Zip File to a Location on your Hard Drive. Create say a Folder called POICapture.

Delete the 300 File. Rename the 700 File and copy to the SdkRegistry Folder.

Select bothe Folders, POICapture and SdkRegistry, and Copy/Paste to the Root of the 700.

shaka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you after several failed attempts, (and I tried slightly different configs), loads and reloads, it seems to be working although not yet tested in anger. On several of the attempts I had the "Capture Camera" icon on screen but when I tapped it (with several good GPS satellites logged) all I got was a return to the map screen. I seee others have had the same problem.

A couple of other queries if I may, in an attempt to understand the system more fully and to solve it if it goes wrong again:

a. should the renamed menu file be tomtom.mnu OR TomTom.mnu ?
b. Should the Sdk and POI folders be placed in the TTG Root or "Maps" folder ? I see some respondents seem to have placed it in the "Maps" folder and it seems to work?
c. In my SdkRegistry folder there is a "Dixons.ttf" file and an icons folder, neither of which are mentioned on the PGS instructions. My POICapture folder does not have a ".exe" file, it only has a "PocketPGScameras.ov2" and a "POICapture" file with no ".exe" extention.

Are these annomalies or ?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaka wrote:
a. should the renamed menu file be tomtom.mnu OR TomTom.mnu ?

I believe that it is usual to name it tomtom.mnu
shaka wrote:
b. Should the Sdk and POI folders be placed in the TTG Root or "Maps" folder ? I see some respondents seem to have placed it in the "Maps" folder and it seems to work?

It should go in the Root of the Drive.
shaka wrote:
c. In my SdkRegistry folder there is a "Dixons.ttf" file and an icons folder, neither of which are mentioned on the PGS instructions. My POICapture folder does not have a ".exe" file, it only has a "PocketPGScameras.ov2" and a "POICapture" file with no ".exe" extention.

Running on Linux a Program File does not need an extension. I believe the Files you mention are not included in the instructions because you are expected to Copy the complete Folder to the Device.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: