Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin contact Number
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin contact Number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Garmin contact Number Reply with quote

I am having problems with Q2 (see post re freezing) and contacted GPS Warehouse who answered Quickly and delt with my enquiry well and asked me to phone Garmin. Well with number supplied on website and other number given to me by GPSW I am getting put on automatic responce twice for 20 mins and once for 30 mins no one has picked up yet, does anyone on this site have a number for Garmin were someone might actually pick up the phone?

yours in hope

Bob
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Garmin's website:-

- 0870-8501242 (within U.K.)
- +44-1794-519944 (outside U.K.)

I have often used the (outside U.K.) numbers from other sites as I tend to find that these are answered more quickly. I haven't tried it in Garmin's case, but it might be worth a go. Obviously you need to replace the +44 with a zero.
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring between 08.30 and 09.00 on 01794 519944 and don't press * for the options.

Dave
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys eventually got through and the guy I spoke to was very helpful have upgraded to audio V 3.10 and reinstalled upgrade 2.60 will test it on Sunday and will post the results just incase someone else has same problem.

cheers Bob
adrianh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
I am very interested in the solution proposed by the Garmin chappie of re-installing the 2.60 Sys software. As I have been working with computers from the year dot, my understanding and experience is that if the software is corrupted during the download/install process then the box of electronic tricks whatever it may be will just NOT work, fullstop. As your Quest was fully functional re-installing the software is just a pointless exercise. Did he say there was a technical reason behind the solution?
I have taken my problems to Garmin in the States by email and have had a great response so far. Will give you feedback if they do come up with the solution.
Cheers
Adrian
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi adrianh
The 2.60 re upgrade was more a secondary thing and the advice to upgrade audio to 3.10 was a primary solution as I was told that this has caused problems with freezing before. The proof will be in the pudidng as I will give the unit a good test on Sunday with 120 mile plus route will keep everyone informed of result but I am not holding my breath about it. I have the return No ready to send the unit back if need be, on the bright side at least I have found a problem now instead of on tour in July.

cheers Bob
adrianh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your reply. Strange though that the Voice update should make a difference as the Garmin site says that the only difference between 3.00 and 3.10 is that Portuguese has been added. Are you going to try out the Portug for the weekend trip ???
I have mailed my route file to Garmin in the States and they acknowledge that there is a problem (as I have found) and will forward on to the software engineers... so will let you guys know what the results are when I get them.
Don't get lost on the weekend..?? Be sure to take that Quest2 with you.!!!
Cheers
Adrian
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi adrianh
Just an update you were right about the audio update as the unit froze twice on Sunday as for Portugal maybe I should have gone and learned some Fada music as I sure got the blues now having just wrapped up Q2 to be returned to Garmin. Will let you know the outcome hopefully in about 7 days time. The only thing that might be suspect is that the audio crackles a lot caused by lose connection of tip and ring in 3.5 mm socket I doubt its enough to "spark" the unit as it is only giving out millivolts but apart from hardware/software solution its the only thing I can think of to make it freez.

cheers Bob
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update Garmin have replaced the unit and i have gone for 200 mile trips and so far no freez although have not used audio yet. The new unit is V 2.40 I am almost frightened to upgrade software as its working fine.
scribe29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the same problem with V2.60 loaded and 3.10 voice software. Bigbob have you upgraded the new unit yet? Is it still working OK?

I have speed cam POI's loaded which is the only difference between mine and a mates except of course his works fine!

Not getting much joy from Garmin yet though.

Never used to get lost when I used a map!
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi scribe29
I have upgraded the Quest2 to 2.60 but did not bother with the audio upgrade I have not loaded speed cameras into the unit so this is the only thing differant. Don't use the audio now just glance at the unit now and again I have had no problems so far re freezing now my only problem is it won't load all the routes I need for upcoming Euro tour but I notice a thread elsewere on this forum so will go and study that thread.

cheers Bob
scribe29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using battery or bike power? I'm trying to replicate the fault in my car at the moment and it just keeps working but it froze on the bike the other day so it's not fixed. I'm going to get rid of the POI's and see what happens. Will keep you posted.
scribe29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

Meant to say that using shortest route calculation in France produced some fantastic riding for us ----as long as I didn't put any via points in.

Germany next for me. Don't mind getting lost there cos' the beer is always good!
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scribe29 I am using bike power but I am going to solder switch between battery and garmin power cradle as it rained overnight and the battery was flat in the morning so figured water was across the contacts on garmin cradle.
Thanks for tip re routing in France We are off to Portsmouth on July 2nd to sail overnight to Lehavre am realy looking forward to the whole experiance just hope the weather is good. You will love Germany and you are spot on about the beer watch out if you are in the Black Forest though incase you get involved in a schnapps fest as a lot of places make their own on the premises and some will show you round as they are quite rightly proud of their skills and insist you sample the wares this happened to us more than once with good results!! Confused

cheers Bob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: