Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GTM 11 Experts. HELP
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GTM 11 Experts. HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: GTM 11 Experts. HELP Reply with quote

Fitted up GTM 11 to the Nuvi 350 yesterday. And had solid red light all the way from GPSW down M3 and on M25
Called Garmin today helpful chap said I had it connected OK and try changing aerials over.
Had no Joy and then 10 minutes later went to the car and had green lights and traffic info.
Headed for M3 and M25 this afternoon straight into heavy traffic and just have solid red light again ( no connection) have tried both aerials again and even stood on top of the car on a hill with no effect.
Does anyone know of FM problems in the area with the service or do I have a duff unit? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.
took unit back as it seemed not to work Sad GPSW agreed and changed the unit, plugged it in, the car park and it updated TMC data etc and led changed and hey presto I had traffic info Laughing .
Set a route for deepest darkest Slough trading estate with unit showing problem on A4 to Slough Surprised well I was well impressed until the red LED came on approaching Slough.
No doubt all my loyal readers have guessed, it is still on red Stop it! and was all the way home.
I can't believe the M25 and all roads were clear and I'm baffled by the unit. IS IT ME ?
Or am I missing something Laughing
Be careful how you answer Thumbs Up
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cantgetlost wrote:
I can't believe the M25 and all roads were clear and I'm baffled by the unit. IS IT ME ?
It does appear that in certain parts of the country the TMC signal is quite weak and not good enough for the units - in these circumstances it does seem that connecting the TMC unit to the car external aerial is one solution.

Are you sure you can't connect it to the car - some lease contracts simply state that when you return the car it must be as delivered - ie you can attach it, as long as you remove it before you return the car at the end of the lease...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: