Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How can i tell if i have the latest map on my Nuvi 310
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How can i tell if i have the latest map on my Nuvi 310

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
borgman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: How can i tell if i have the latest map on my Nuvi 310 Reply with quote

How can i tell if i have the latest map version on my Nuvi 310?
Can someone let me know if my postcode appears on their units?
EX15 2PD
thanks
DracUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive a nuvi c310 and your postcode comes up as SILVER ST.
If you go into settings/map/mapinfo the latest maps are
CITY NAVIGATOR EUROPE NT+ V8

regards
borgman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for looking.
Silver st is in kentisbeare which is approx 4 miles from my village, Which has a population of 11,000 people (Willand,Devon)
My TT1 had much better mapping. I thought the Navtec maps were supposed to be better than the Teleatlas?
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, I thought the Garmin maps should be better, my road is 6 years old, and correct on the TomTom units. The Garmin is 6 years out of date, and incorrect.
DracUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats just one instance of TomTom maps being better.Im sure there will be others.
I have a TomTom One and Nuvi 310 and I can find more addresses on the Nuvi with Navteq maps than the TomTom with Teleatlas maps.
I drive an artic for a living and travel all over the country and believe me the Navteq maps are more reliable.
The biggest bugbear I find with the TomTom is the wrong turns it tells you to take at roundabouts when the maps show a different exit needed.I have found quite a lot of these anomolies on my travels.A big pain when you are negotiating a 50ft truck no big deal with a car.
If only TomTom would use Navtech maps then you would have the best of both worlds.

Drac
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Map data Reply with quote

I agree, how can you say tomtom has the best maps based on your home address being correct?

Every unit has errors and bits we don't like, and each of the map data providers have errors and omissions in the mapping data, not least just out of date data

Again as a user of TomToms and Garmins, overall Garmin and Navteq are "streets ahead" with map data and accurate routes. Although I accept sometimes there are better routes with the tomtom, this is the exception rather than the rule
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just come back from a trip to France, unbeknown to me guy travelling with us uses Tom Tom and was alerted to the better prompts and mapping of the Nuvi.
Knowing some of the route I take short cuts and let the unit recalculate, comment was that the Gramin unit was far nore efficient and gave better routing when this was done.
I've had similar comment from other Tom Tom users about the Garmin mapping and system.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: After All Reply with quote

After all tomtom may have a few tricks up their sleve with this gimmick, that feature, but Garmin have been doing routing and GPS for years, so if they are not ahead of the navigation game, something is wrong...!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: