Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Acer N35 GPS Windows Drivers?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Acer N35 GPS Windows Drivers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
L44RMB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Acer N35 GPS Windows Drivers? Reply with quote

Can anyone help with the following please?
My Acer N35 GPS had been working fine until recently when suddenly it wouldn't locate any satellites: using the onboard antenna and Destinator the blue LED would flash but wouldn't find any sats - left 5 hours (outside) and still the same.
Having read various topics in this forum I thought perhaps the onboard antenna was faulty - so I bought an extrnal NMEA antenna. Connected this and the problem is still the same - blue LED flashing, no sats found.

Destinator finds the GPS device (on board or external whichever is in use) without fail but still no sats. Next I installed TT5 - still the same problems.

After more forum reading I downloaded WinFast Nav and tried this. It finds the GPS data OK, it can be seen scrolling in the diagnostic window - the accompanying article by Dave Burrows concludes that its likely to be the driver of the software - can anybody advise me which one/s please?

PS - both Destinator and TT5 previously worked OK on the device
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say you have used winfast navigator and seen the data scroll past but has it actually found the satellites and achieved a lock? Its a long time sice I have used winfast so I am not sure whether this is on a separate tab like gpsinfo.

You havent set the GPS to SIRF mode or ECOGNOS? Although SIRF works fine most SatNav systems only work with NMEA.

Some of these settings are set in the gps (using the likes of gpsinfo / winfast) others can be overridden in the SatNav settings.

Ensure that Destinator is still set to NMEA, 4800bps and the correct com port is used (the same as used in winfast / gpsinfo).

When you say you have bought "an external NMEA antenna" do you actually mean a new GPS receiver or an external aerial for your existing GPS as there is no such thing as a "external NMEA antenna".
L44RMB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winfast doesn't achieve a lock, and the mode has always been NMEA.

Destinator is still set to NMEA, 4800bps (tried various others), and the correct com port (port 8) is used

The external device I refer to is a "High Gain MMCX Connector GPS Antenna" that have been recommended elsewhere in this forum.

Thanks for the reply
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to switch the PDA off with the hard reset button for at least 5 minutes.
This will reset the internal GPS receiver.

(don't forget a backup first)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: