Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Value of damaged 510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Value of damaged 510

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FXRStuarty
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Value of damaged 510 Reply with quote

My 510 needs the charging socket replaced and Navman has said this should cost about £50.

Was wondering, rather than send it off to get repaired does this damaged 510 with 240v charger, 2 car chargers (inc 1 aftermarket), original disks and UK maps, 2xcar mounts, booklets, carry case, Euro maps (from Ebay!) have any value?

That is, is it worth selling as is to help finance a Garmin Quest 2?

TIA Smile
Arch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally i would get it repaired, i would if it was mine but i run tomtom on mine so thats the reason i would do it.

:D
Archie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arch wrote:
Personally i would get it repaired, i would if it was mine but i run tomtom on mine so thats the reason i would do it.

:D
Archie
But i would still get it repairedeven if i didnt run tomtom, the only reason i do is because of the postcode search other than that i wouldnt entertain tomtom, Navman maps are a lot clearer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FXRStuarty
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be on its way to Navman for repair. Having read the post in "Garmin Quest" about not picking up a wee village in the Highlands and seeing the village shows up on Navman kinda made up me mind. Besides, I 've grown attached to my Navman :D :D
dlgh01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been directed to this thread, I am curious re the euro maps from e-bay any problems or too good to be true?
FXRStuarty
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlgh01 wrote:
Just been directed to this thread, I am curious re the euro maps from e-bay any problems or too good to be true?

The first set I bought had a problem that one segment of Spain was locked and required a passcode of some sort. The second set are tickety boo. I think, as I havent used em in Spain yet! Confused
FXRStuarty
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now recieved my 510 back from the lovely people at Navman. Smile They tell me they did not repair the unit but in fact REPLACED the unit 8O This despite me fessing up to how the damage was done. Embarassed Me, I am now NAVMAN thru and thru :D

Happy chap :D

Now, a question. I have a 1gb card and wish to transfer the data from other cards to this one card. How do I do it please. Keep it simple folks coz I aint very bright Confused

TIA.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: