Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Missing folders after extract
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing folders after extract

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulscuba
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Missing folders after extract Reply with quote

8O Hi all new to this i am trying to download the software for copilot live6 followed the link and saved in a temp folder on the c drive, unzipped it using classic winzip followed all instructions etc - the link to follow for folders etc to open - when i look in my temp folder they are not there?
have used tom tom previously and poi from checkpoint so am quite savvy in that respect but what am i doing wrong.
the folders that the help plages how yyou for installation are not there it only shows the following as an ov2 file with an internet exporer icon?
and nothing like the folder list or names that appear on the help pages.
thanks guys. paul
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing folders after extract Reply with quote

paulscuba wrote:
8O Hi all new to this i am trying to download the software for copilot live6 followed the link and saved in a temp folder on the c drive, unzipped it using classic winzip followed all instructions etc - the link to follow for folders etc to open - when i look in my temp folder they are not there?
have used tom tom previously and poi from checkpoint so am quite savvy in that respect but what am i doing wrong.
the folders that the help plages how yyou for installation are not there it only shows the following as an ov2 file with an internet exporer icon?
and nothing like the folder list or names that appear on the help pages.
thanks guys. paul

Hi Paul and welcome to the forums!

Did you see these instructions http://support.alk.eu.com/cgi-bin/alk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=257&p_created=1119886773 ?

Or Camera Help/Frequent Questions:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=35213

Q, I've downloaded, why can I not find the files?

A. Your system gives you the option of saving to disk. You can then put it into any folder, maybe one that you have created especially for the purpose. Just remember where the file is going.

If you see no file extension (.zip) you need to go to Folder Options, in Explorer. Select View and then UNTICK the Option to 'Hide Extension of Known File Types'.

If you right click the file and select Properties, the details of the file are displayed. If there is not a '.zip' at the end of the file name, then it has to be added. (It would appear that some PC security combinations strip the extension off.)

To add the '.zip' to the file you need to rename the file by amending the file name in the white box at the top of the properties display.

Click OK.

Double clicking the file will now open whichever UnZip Program you have installed.
paulscuba
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad tried that i am having issues as it loads an internet explorer file icon file name pocketgps_uk_sc and this can not be opened not even using internet explorer. the rest are a pocketgps_uk_sc bmp file and a nred help document ince with licence document 0- yet the self help pages highlight different folders? i am downloading the link for all speed cameras off the database for co pilot 6.
thanks again (annoying - used checkpoint before no issues)
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

We've recently added a couple of FAQs at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=35213

Q. When I try to download, I'm told that the file cannot be downloaded/extracted because the programme that created it is unknown. What shall I do?

A. In Explorer, right click the file and choose 'Properties'. Check that the download file has a .zip Extension. If it doesn't, add the .zip to it and try again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q, I've downloaded, why can I not find the files?

A. Your system gives you the option of saving to disk. You can then put it into any folder, maybe one that you have created especially for the purpose. Just remember where the file is going.

If you see no file extension (.zip) you need to go to Folder Options, in Explorer. Select View and then UNTICK the Option to 'Hide Extension of Known File Types'.

If you right click the file and select Properties, the details of the file are displayed. If there is not a '.zip' at the end of the file name, then it has to be added. (It would appear that some PC security combinations strip the extension off.)

To add the '.zip' to the file you need to rename the file by amending the file name in the white box at the top of the properties display.

Click OK.

Double clicking the file will now open whichever UnZip Program you have installed.

Any help?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: