Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice Command
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice Command

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcepser
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Voice Command Reply with quote

The inbuilt facility for voice commands works well. I can start applications and ring people with the touch of a button. However I want a little more ... :D

Instead of the typical saying home when I want to ring home, is there a program out there that can pick up me saying numbers. For example i press the voice command button, and say 0, 1, 4, 5, 6, etc etc and then it will ring that number.

Cheers all in advance :D
256 Mini SD Card
Tomtom Navigator 5 (Great British Map)
BT GPS Receiver
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Voice Command Reply with quote

tcepser wrote:
The inbuilt facility for voice commands works well. I can start applications and ring people with the touch of a button. However I want a little more ... :D

Instead of the typical saying home when I want to ring home, is there a program out there that can pick up me saying numbers. For example i press the voice command button, and say 0, 1, 4, 5, 6, etc etc and then it will ring that number.

Cheers all in advance :D

I have tried two. MS Voice Command annd Cyberon Voice Commander.
The MS version worked better for me but still had issues recognising my speech. Strangely the US version was both faster and more accurate, but handles area codes differently. The full international (ie +441302 instead of 01302) is needed. Cyberon on the other hand has recognition training section but still for me was less accurrate than MSoft.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?productId=90635 (US version)

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=14587
tcepser
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your fast and very good reply mullet. I could not get VoiceCommand to work for some reason. And Microsoft one had a few probs installing. I have now sorted it and got a 5 day trail. But this is going to sound stupid, how do I use it? To make calls for example (the whole 0,1,2,3,7 etc)
256 Mini SD Card
BT GPS Receiver
tcepser
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mullet, found it now :D What a great gadget! Have you tried the Play Music command! Well good!

Is there anywhere I can get a full list of commands? And one more thing, is there anyway I can get around having to press a button to start the program?
256 Mini SD Card
BT GPS Receiver
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tcepser wrote:
Sorry mullet, found it now :D What a great gadget! Have you tried the Play Music command! Well good!

Is there anywhere I can get a full list of commands? And one more thing, is there anyway I can get around having to press a button to start the program?

You found the "dial" voice activation then.

No, didnt try music.

Hit the button then say "help" for a list the commands available. I think I got a PDF manual from the MS site for further help.

AFAIK a hardware key is needed to activate VC.
tcepser
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol my 5 day trail has expired! And I only installed it about 2 hours ago!

Now when I try to install it, it tells me that it is not recommended that I install to "" directory (even thought Ive asked it to install to the Device) And then It just brings up a progress bar, that gets full then the little loading symbol appears and stays like that for ever!!!!!!!!!!

Please help...?
256 Mini SD Card
BT GPS Receiver
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tcepser wrote:

Now when I try to install it, it tells me that it is not recommended that I install to "" directory (even thought Ive asked it to install to the Device) And then It just brings up a progress bar, that gets full then the little loading symbol appears and stays like that for ever!!!!!!!!!!

Please help...?

This is normal, same alert, big app, takes a while. You may need to roll back to a previous backup if the demo is out of time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: