Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 350 takes ages to acquire satlellites
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 350 takes ages to acquire satlellites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gallypants
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Nuvi 350 takes ages to acquire satlellites Reply with quote

I have a nuvi 350 and it now takes up to 5 mins to start working. It was ok till I went to UK (I'm based in Germany) The probs started then. On return to Germany I installed new s/w version 3.20 but it is still the same. Takes up to 5 mins to get sats! Really annoying when you need to get going. I've tried WAAS/EGNOS on and off but its still the same. I'm sure it never took that long before I went?? Any ideas please???
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing i can think of mate is when you start the gps in a new location the gps still thinks its in the old location so it will take a while to load a new almanac...after the first sat acquisition it should only take about 30 seconds to get the sats providing you are in the same location..

if the acquisition is about 5 minutes every time it might be that you have an obstuction between the gps and sats..try switching on in an open space and see if that works..
gallypants
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I appreciate the location thing but now I'm back in germany it still happens every time I turn it on. I've been back here now for weeks and its still the same. Its pretty open here and I can be standing outside the car and still have to wait???
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try turning 'waas' off and see if that helps otherwise it could be faulty...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: