Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kph and mph speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kph and mph speed cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistral
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Kph and mph speed cameras Reply with quote

I want to load both European and UK cameras onto my nuvi 350. The European cameras need to register in kph as I drive a European left hand drive car but when I'm in the UK, I will be using the nuvi in a UK rental car therefore I need to UK cameras to reflect mph.

How do I load both?
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Kph and mph speed cameras Reply with quote

mistral wrote:
I want to load both European and UK cameras onto my nuvi 350. The European cameras need to register in kph as I drive a European left hand drive car but when I'm in the UK, I will be using the nuvi in a UK rental car therefore I need to UK cameras to reflect mph.

How do I load both?

load them all but when in the UK select Statute as the unit of measurement and when in Eu select Metric. Providing the Eu poi's are in the correct kph setting and the Uk are in mph all will work ok.
Remember to change the unit of measure back when your trip is complete in the Uk.
mistral
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not been able to test it "live" but it appears to have divided the UK speed limits by 1.6, i.e it's taken the original mph limit, thinking that it is in kph and converted it, therefore my speed limits are way too low.
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistral wrote:
I've not been able to test it "live" but it appears to have divided the UK speed limits by 1.6, i.e it's taken the original mph limit, thinking that it is in kph and converted it, therefore my speed limits are way too low.

Bad news Sad you are unable to have 2 kinds of measurement on the poi's loaded.
Option one load only the UK poi's with Feet and MPH and within the units setting select Statute.
Reload your Eu poi's with Meters and Kph on your return select metric.

Option 2 will take you about 5 minutes load your uk csv files into Excel and using the REPLACE function edit the speed setting of the individual file's (example @40 would become @64.37) then save.
The only negative to carrying out this would be some confusion on the message shown on the screen.

Hopefully the discussion so far should prompt others to comment and offer a solution.

This problem is also present closer to home as From 20th. January 2005 all road signs in Southern Ireland changed from MPH to KPH!

As Travel in the EU has both MPH and KPH the ability to do as your original post asked is a must.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: