Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - march speed updates for i3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

march speed updates for i3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: march speed updates for i3 Reply with quote

Hi all,
have recieved an e-mail newsletter today and noticed theres a speed camera update for march, before i download these updates do i need to delete the old ones from the file on my pc.
Hope i have explained properly and also i can remember how i did it last time.

By the way , was able to use the i3 properly for the first time today with work,
took me to right outside the people`s front doors and warned me with regards to camera locations and speeds, brilliant was very impressed.

regards and thanks in advance....Dilwyn
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not create a folder on the PC named SPEED CAMERAS then create subfolders within it named Feb06 then another one for March06 then another one for April06 etc. this way you can always re-load the data from the current database without needing to re-download from the site (its far faster if you are on a dial up connection), just create the the new folder and unzip the download into the correct location - Mike
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, thanks for the quick reply and a very good way of keeping things tidy and to hand, I am on broadband but doing it your way makes sense anyway .

Thanks again....Dilwyn
Aitch2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - one doesn't need to actively 'delete' downloaded POIs from the i3 before loading new ones into it (using POILoader).

Be aware though, that loading new ones to the unit will automatically overwrite whatever was there before! (not the built-in ones or Favourites, though...)

Best way - is to make sure that ALL your 'extra' POIs are in the same subdir (ie. Speedcams plus any extra collections) before using POILoader.

Aitch
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aitch2, thanks for your reply, I actually meant deleting the old ones from the folder I had set up on my pc not the i3 itself.
I have now installed the march updates, well I hope I have, it told me it was succesfull anyway.

One thing though, I thought I would check for i3 software updates whilst the i3 was connected to the pc, it came up that there was a webupdater
update but i dont know if it was for the i3 or the webupdater program, so clicked on cancel, it then told me that the i3 was uptodate. So, I dont really know!!!!!!!

Thanks again to you all for your advice and support,

Regards....Dilwyn
Aitch2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - WebUpdater can also update itself - there was an update recently, too...

Aitch
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Aitch,

I thought of something last night, as I enter my hometown there are speed camera signs just as you enter, but I never get a warning from the i3.I know if I am going too fast entering a 30 or whatever speed limit you normally get the "bong-bong" sound , but on this stretch of road it doesnt give any signal at all......just wondering?

Thanks again....Dilwyn
galaxy111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilcymro wrote:
Thanks Aitch,

I thought of something last night, as I enter my hometown there are speed camera signs just as you enter, but I never get a warning from the i3.I know if I am going too fast entering a 30 or whatever speed limit you normally get the "bong-bong" sound , but on this stretch of road it doesnt give any signal at all......just wondering?

Thanks again....Dilwyn
Maybe there's no camera - just signs?
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you galaxy, I thought that might be the case, mind games again.
Its a wonder that they dont have photos of drivers with "mobile phones to their ears" warning signs....

Thanks again....Dilwyn
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galaxy111 wrote:
Maybe there's no camera - just signs?
Maybe there's a mobile camera site that's not yet been added to the database because no one has reported it yet? Dilcymro - Keep an eye out, and if you ever see a mobile camera then note it's position and report it via the "Submit Cameras" option on this website to allow others to know about it too.
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks swing, yes I will do that, theres quite a few spots here that the "arrive alive" van parks up , I will set up the i3 next time we go for a ride around and see if I get any warnings in those areas especially with the holiday season due to start, although I dont know how long it takes to actually get the data on the poi`s.

Regards....Dilwyn
north_country_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the date the new updates come out, if I download now, will my subscription last long enough to be able to download the database next month for free? :D
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

north_country_boy wrote:
Can anyone tell me the date the new updates come out, if I download now, will my subscription last long enough to be able to download the database next month for free? :D

The dates change every month I'm afraid, it really depends how busy we are or if we're travelling on business or holiday. We are attempting to release them every 3 weeks, but please don't hold us to that! Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: