Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HX 4700 WM5 TomTom Slow
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HX 4700 WM5 TomTom Slow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeeHappyPixie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: HX 4700 WM5 TomTom Slow Reply with quote

I have just upgraded my HX4700 to WM5 fia the HP.com website. So far I like the look of it however it is very very slow compared to 2003se.

Has anyone else tried WM5 on an HX4700 and running TomTom nav 5.21. The screen refresh is almost unuseable.

John
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have deliberately avoided the upgrade on my 4700 as I need the Widcom Bluetooth stack, this might help though - within your TomTom set-up have you got any POI's enabled? if so disable them and use the "Warn when near POI" to be given a prompt of a camera or other POI etc. There is a limit of 39 seperate POI warnings that you can set.
Also within WM2005 how many additional programs have you got running? check this from setings/ system Tab/ memory icon, running programs tab - Mike
WeeHappyPixie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

I have applied the WM5 registry patch (renaming 2 keys), and all my programs are installed on the SD (Corsair 60x 1GB) as this is faster to write and read from than the internal ROM.

I dont have any other programs set and it is set to warn when I am close to a camera.

John
pward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: HX 4700 WM5 TomTom Slow Reply with quote

WeeHappyPixie wrote:
I have just upgraded my HX4700 to WM5 fia the HP.com website. So far I like the look of it however it is very very slow compared to 2003se.

Has anyone else tried WM5 on an HX4700 and running TomTom nav 5.21. The screen refresh is almost unuseable.

John

Hi John,

WM 5.0 is slower than WM 2003SE, no doubt about it. Apparently it's due to WM 5.0 storing data in ROM rather than RAM as in 2003SE.

However, I have WM 5.0 on my hx4700 with TTN 5.21 and it runs fine. I have no problems with screen refresh. Other than TTN 5.21, what other programs do you have installed?

Cheers,

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: