Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go700 & POICapture 5.420 issues - last resort
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go700 & POICapture 5.420 issues - last resort

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Go700 & POICapture 5.420 issues - last resort Reply with quote

I hope no-one minds, but there seems to be several threads on POI Capture issues with the 5.42 version, and I'm struggling to keep up! Some people are having problems, others not, some intermittently!

So I have opted for a new thread on this in the hope that someone can help.
I realise the software is free, so theres no room for complaining (like I have seen) but I REALLY want this to work... I'd even be happy to pay for it to work!!

For some reason, each time I have downloaded it, I seem to have had a file missing, and I've had to pull the missing file from previous back-ups. So I thought (if no-one minds) I would put it in plain English what I did and what you should get!

Ok, to the point.

Download Zip File V1.03G which is for TT 5.420(5643)
Use PC to unzip and save directly on the Root of Go700
(To get to the Root Directory: Start: My Computer: TomTom GO)
Just unzip everything in here... don't go into any other Folders!!

You now have:
SdkRegistry Folder containing: POICapture.cap & POICapture.bmp

POICapture Folder containg: Icons Folder, Dixons.ttf, POICapture (with no extension), POICapture.ini & PocketGPSCameras.ov2

TomTom.300.mnu

TomTom.700.mnu

First, right click on the TomTom.700.mnu and rename it to tomtom.mnu (please note change in capitals) Then copy this and paste to the SdkReigstry Folder.

Then I deleted the TomTom.300.mnu file. and the renamed tomtom.mnu from the Root Directory

Then I copy the PocketGPSCameras.ov2 from the POICapture Folder and paste this into the Western European Maps Folder.

Done.

Turn the Go700 off, disconnect from PC.

Turn on, I get the drum roll, then the screen with the yellow line across the bottom like it's booting up, then it kicks in.

Stuck it on the Window sill (5 satelites, hit the icon and bingo... it loaded...

Success.

It didn't record anything the first time as it rightly states, so i hit the icon again, and guess what.... I have a camera in my street now!!!

Ok, so hooked it back up to the PC, opened up the Western European Maps Folder, opened the PocketGPSCameras.ov2 file (with POIEdit) and there it was... my camera!!

1. This is the file you would upload to PocketGPSWorld to report cameras.
2. Once done, you then copy the PocketGPSCameras.ov2 file from the POICapture Folder and paste it into the Western European Maps Folder, overwriting the one in there, and then start over again... IN THEORY!

So I haven't uploaded it as it was a test camera, I jsut did part 2 of the above... then turned the Go700 off, disconnected it and stuck it back on the window sill, seven satelites present, and guess what... it doesn't load!!

Please please could someone confirm if I have done the above 100% correctly.
If i have, then I'm at a loss, but it would seem to me that when you either clear the cameras, or overwrite the file with them in, that is is dumping the programme somehow thus not allowing it to run!

Thanks for reading, apologies if you feel this is a waste of time, but tome, it's quite important!

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure who locked this thread but I think we should continue the troubleshooting in the original one.

You have three ways to "clean up" (ideally after you have submitted the PocketGPScameras.ov2 from the map folder to our site)

1. replace the file with the "empty" version
2. in POICapture, go to Preferences...Reset Cameras (obviously this only works if you get the program to run)
3. delete the POI Category "PocketGPScameras in the TomTom UI.

Options 2 and 3 will have the "reloading map" side effect, so if the icon doesn't show up or if the program doesn't start any more, you may want to try a soft reset of the GO (poking the reset hole)

What's that with the tomtom.mnu in the root folder? That doesn't belong there.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: