Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin i3 Latest version?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin i3 Latest version?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
northisle1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Garmin i3 Latest version? Reply with quote

Wanting to buy one but not sure whether it will be shipped with latest version.Halfords have great offer at moment(£129).
Contacted them and they said it was version 2.7. However they weren't sure whether it was v7 or v8 mapping software 8O
Is it probable all new stock will now be v8 as I don't want the hassle of getting it changed later.
Thanks.
bumpkin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will quite likely be v8 although if you order it and it isn't Garmin will swap the transflash card for a v8 one. You'll be without the use of the i3 for a few days whilst your card is posted back and they send the new one out.

The firmware can be user upgraded, 2.7 is the latest non beta version anyway.
Popee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northisle, I picked up mine from Halfords (new stock) couple a days ago and the mapping is v8 .
Am assuming that 2.7 is the latest software? Checked for an upload and the garmin updater claims that software on mine is newer that current available update?

TTFN

Popee
northisle1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally received a further reply from Halfords and they say they have checked all their stock and been in touch with Garmin.
The units are indeed being sent out v8. Laughing
Aitch2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - I picked up an i3 from Halfords yesterday - v8 maps and v2.70 firmware out of the box...that's 4 I've sold to colleagues now! 8)

Great little units.

Aitch
northisle1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered one. 8)
simon78
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Recieved mine on Monday from Halfords, ordered it off website as my local store had sold out (not surprised at the price). My i3 has v8 maps and v2.70 firmware. Even got the voucher for £10 that they offer instore!!!!!

Bought a antenna for it today from Maplin £9.99 as kept losing signal in the car, couldn't get a signal in house now got 4 bars.

Best £129.99 i have spent in awhile Laughing Laughing
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought mine from the local Halfords today. None on display as they are in the middle of a refurbishment, but they had 10 'upstairs'. The first one they brought down had V7 mapping, but they went and got another and it was V8!

They were interested when I explained what I'd learnt about the versions from this site.

Thanks for the information everyone! It saved me a lot of trouble and taught the Halfords staff something too! :P

Anita
seacon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also bought an i3 from Halfords last weekend. It had Version 8 already installed.
I've noticed a small v8 printed text adjacent to the bar code on the bottom of this i3 box.
This may, if correct, be a useful tip which may be worth checking if you are in a shop and don't know if the unit has V8 loaded!
intenso
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seacon wrote:
I also bought an i3 from Halfords last weekend. It had Version 8 already installed.
I've noticed a small v8 printed text adjacent to the bar code on the bottom of this i3 box.
This may, if correct, be a useful tip which may be worth checking if you are in a shop and don't know if the unit has V8 loaded!

My i3 bought from Halfords last weekend also has the v8 next to the bar code and is version8.
Popee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the antenna may be a must for me - best I can get in the car is two bars - but doesn't seem to effect the unit - it can even name lanes that I didn't even know had names.
Anyway, no V8 next to the bar code on the box with mine but still V8 mapping.
simon78
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Looks like the antenna may be a must for me - best I can get in the car is two bars - but doesn't seem to effect the unit

Thats better than mine was without antenna!

Quote:
seacon wrote:

Just looked at the box that mine came in and it also had a v8 next to barcode.
British_Bulldog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: i3 and Version 8 Reply with quote

Hi,

Like yourselves I bought an i3 fron halfords at the weekend with V8 mapping and 2.7 software. Can you tell me if it is possible to backup the information on the card incase it is corrupted.

You'll notice in the box there is a piece of orange'y paper with the serial number for the mapsource City navigator Europe NT V8 + Traffic software but the disk isn't provided. Do you know if we can get this software to utilise the unlock code we have effectively purchased.

Thanks,

Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: