Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Capture 5.420 SDK Folder
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Capture 5.420 SDK Folder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: POI Capture 5.420 SDK Folder Reply with quote

HI there....

I have downloaded the POI Capture for version 5.420. Now I realise this is in it's experimental stage, but I'm having problems and so have a few Q's if I may?

Firstly, when you download the Zipfile to the PC, then extract it's contents to the Go 700 it creates Two Folders as it should (SDK Registry and POI Capture) and also two .mnu files (TomTom.300.mnu & TomTom.700.mnu).

Now forgive me here, but shouldn't the .mnu files be in the SDK Registry Folder?
Anyway, I have changed the TomTom.700.mnu to TomTom.mnu as instructed and put it in the SDK Registry Folder.

So I now have two folders that contain the following:
SDK Registry Folder
POICapture.bmp
POICapture.cap
TomTom.mnu

POI Capture Folder
PocketGPScameras.ov2
POICapture - No File extension??
Dixons.ttf
Icons Folder

Tried to run the POI Capture, but when I press the icon, the screen flickers and nothing happens.

The other question I have: If I remove the POI Capture when I start again (as I know I'm going to have to) will my menus be all messed up as I didn't have a TomTom.mnu file to start with??

Hope you can help folks.

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: POI Capture 5.420 SDK Folder Reply with quote

gadget_sa wrote:
HI there....

I have downloaded the POI Capture for version 5.420. Now I realise this is in it's experimental stage, but I'm having problems and so have a few Q's if I may?

Firstly, when you download the Zipfile to the PC, then extract it's contents to the Go 700 it creates Two Folders as it should (SDK Registry and POI Capture) and also two .mnu files (TomTom.300.mnu & TomTom.700.mnu).

Now forgive me here, but shouldn't the .mnu files be in the SDK Registry Folder?
Anyway, I have changed the TomTom.700.mnu to TomTom.mnu as instructed and put it in the SDK Registry Folder.

So I now have two folders that contain the following:
SDK Registry Folder
POICapture.bmp
POICapture.cap
TomTom.mnu

POI Capture Folder
PocketGPScameras.ov2
POICapture - No File extension??
Dixons.ttf
Icons Folder

Tried to run the POI Capture, but when I press the icon, the screen flickers and nothing happens.

The other question I have: If I remove the POI Capture when I start again (as I know I'm going to have to) will my menus be all messed up as I didn't have a TomTom.mnu file to start with??

Hope you can help folks.

Right then fols.... very strange!!
It is now working, and I haven't done anything to the unit since I did all this last night!!
Went out last night to get a fix and it still didn't work, did the same this morning at work, and still nothing, yet I've had it hooked up to the PC here, just disconnected it, and now it works!!

I like it... but I don't like not knowing why it didn't work in the first place!!

Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

gadget_sa wrote:
Right then fols.... very strange!!
It is now working, and I haven't done anything to the unit since I did all this last night!!
Went out last night to get a fix and it still didn't work, did the same this morning at work, and still nothing, yet I've had it hooked up to the PC here, just disconnected it, and now it works!!

I don’t have a TT GO, so I’m happy to be put right, but I think that if you connect/disconnect your GO from a PC then it effectively does a soft reset (i.e. the same as if you use a straightened paper clip to press the reset button). So you may just have needed to have done a soft reset once you’d installed POI Capture.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Robert, I reckon you could be right....

I disconnected from the PC last night after installing it, and it didn't work. Tried at work this morning, and still nothing, then connected it to the PC to download my Safety Cameras, disconnected it the Go, and hey presto it worked.
It's the little things in life that are sent to annoy us, but they're a joy when they work!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: