Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is the Speed Camera POI database only for the UK???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the Speed Camera POI database only for the UK???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valid8r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Is the Speed Camera POI database only for the UK??? Reply with quote

Everytime I get ready to subscribe to the database, I keep seeing that the database is listed as the UK Speed Camera Database... Can anyone confirm that the database does or does not include the continent?

If not where would you recommend I look for other countries - preferrably compatible with the Garmin POI Loader of course!

Thanks in advance,
Jon
SJP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Continental Coverage Reply with quote

It's UK only. But you can try here for links to coverage of the continent.
Valid8r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the link Reply with quote

Do you have any comments on the quality of this site? Is it worth the cost?

Thanks,
Jon
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Jon,

I note your interest in membership is based around the database.

I may be a bit biased as I am a team member Wink but we are very proud of the database. I've taken the following from the front page:

Quote:
The PocketGPSWorld.com Database - the first comprehensive one of its kind - is widely regarded as the most used, most trusted and best available in the UK- we have been informed by several Directors of SatNav related companies that our product is the one that they use personally in their cars. All tell us that others cannot compete for volume and accuracy.

Members can also enter free monthly competitions for thousands of pounds worth of gear, get GPS retailer discounts (one discounted purchase can easily cover the membership cost of £2.00). There are also Member forums and polls that are proving to be very popular.

Please bear with us in our first week of launching the new Members' area as we iron out the glitches. It's been a huge task, technically and administratively, taking the site to the next stage!

http://pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php
Valid8r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Database Reply with quote

Rob - just to confirm, the database is only for the UK, right? Unfortunately, that doesn't help me. Is there a plan or intent to broaden the database to the continent?

Thanks,
Jon
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes UK only. That said, we do have a few continentals in the database, but not many. We are considering plans to expand our offering in the future, but that could be some time away and take some time to build up to a trustable application.
nevetas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just become a member and must admit I was a little disappointed to see no Europe camera's for Garmin?

Can't you just download the Europe CSV's and convert them into a garmin friendly file format? Question

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: