Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OziExplorerCE & TomTom Bluetooth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OziExplorerCE & TomTom Bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarcusW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: OziExplorerCE & TomTom Bluetooth Reply with quote

Hi All,
I'm new to all this GPS stuff having received my first GPS purchase (TomTom BT receiver & Navigator 2) on Thursday.

Anyway, my question is this: I have installed the trial version of OziExplorerCE and I've scanned & calibrated a map ok. My problem is getting OziExplorerCE to talk to my GPS receiver. Does anyone know what settings I need to use to get this to work? I'm using COM8 and Ozi is returning an error "Unable to open Port - It may be in use by another program or utility or may not exist on this device". I seem to remember reading somewhere that there is a download I can get which will free up the COM port for Ozi to use. Is this correct or am I talking out of my you know what? Apologies if this is in an FAQ somewhere but I'm damned if I can find it.

btw I'm running this on an iPaq 2210.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have TomTom Navigator 2 GPS 2.08 installed, go into START | SETTINGS | REMOVE PROGRAMS and highlight the TomTom ~ GPS and remove this. It will ask you to soft reset, but this will get it talking again. TomTom have created a fudge BT driver to resolve some hanging on powering off, but this has caused adverse effects and won't allow other applications to connect to the BT GPS.
MarcusW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your very prompt reply Dave. That did the trick :D .
I'll just have to remember to turn Bluetooth off before I power the iPaq down.
goran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I have the same problem with Holux. After removing Tomtom~GPS will navigator still work?
Regards,
Goran
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it will Thumbs Up
gps_master
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Oziexplorer wit TomTom Navigator 3 Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
First of all: Thanks a lot for your assistance here in this forum.

Now to my problem:
I have also the know problem: Installed TomTom Navigator disable the use of other GPS application like Oziexplorer.
I tried your recommodation, to deinstall "TOMTOM ~ GPS" with the result that neither Navigator 3 were running anymore nor Oziexplorer had received signals from GPS.

Can you help me? Thanks a lot, Stefan

My Configuartion:
MDA II with PPC 2003
TomTom Navigator 3 with TomTom Bluetooth GPS (running great!)
OziExlplorer (finding no BT GPS at all)
l0w
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest version of Ozi Explorer CE (1.12.3e) seems to work fine with Tom Tom 5's BT Mk 2 GPS receiver without having to disable/remove any Tom Tom stuff.

I connected to the device in BT Manager first, then I chose the following settings on my Ipaq 4700 within Ozi CE:
COM8, 1200 baud, GPGGA
anomarok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: oziexplorer GPS tomtom mkII BT connection Reply with quote

I have installed oziexplorer beta version 1.12.3 on my HP ipaq 2110 which had tomtom navigator 5. It cannot detect the GPS (BT tomtom MKII). What should I check and do ?
thanks for help[/list]
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just taken delivery (last 1 hour) of a TomTom MkII GPS unit. This is my firt BT GPS device.

I have a Dell Axim X51v with TomTom5, OziCE and Pocket Anquet 6.0.7 on. I bought the BT device as my CF card GPS (Haicom 305III) isn't supported on Windows Mobile 5 according to Haicom.

So what I did was :-

Get TT GPS unit out of box

Turn it on

Put it in window to get some access to satellites.

Turned on Dell

Turned on Bluetooth and went to discover BT devices.

Dell recognised the TT GPS in 10 secs

I paired with it (code 0000)

I created a New Outgoing Port and it automatically assigned COM7: to the TomTom GPS

I then started each of the three apps in turn and connected to COM7:

They all worked.

NOTE: You MUST EXIT each application NOT simply use the X at top right of screen - this does NOT release any system resources.

I have tried using the DELL GPS manager app - which claims to share the GPS physical port amongst multiple apps - but it doesn't seem to work as I think it should - but as I am new to this set up I will keep trying.

Still they all work and I'm a happy bunny! I don't really need to have all three active at one time - though I could imagine uses for TomTom 5 and PocketAnquet 'simultaneously'.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: