Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Red LED on Bluetooth GPS Receiver permanently on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Red LED on Bluetooth GPS Receiver permanently on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceesar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Red LED on Bluetooth GPS Receiver permanently on Reply with quote

Hi all,

On the Tomtom Bluetooth GPS receiver, there are two LED indicators.

The LED indicator on the right either flashes orange (to indicate a GPS lock) or stays red to indicate the GPS receiver is charging.

On the left LED, it flashes blue to indicate a bluetooth "lock.

However, the left LED (the one that normally indicates a Bluetooth lock), is now permanently red and no longer flashes blue.

I have tried holding the Bluetooth GPS power button down for up to 10 seconds, with no change - the left LED stills remains permanently red.

Anybody got any idea what this means?

Cheers,
ceesar.
ceesar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: An update Reply with quote

Ok, an update...

So, after a couple of hours, the red LED switched off. But holding the power button wouldn't power up the GPS receiver at well.

Thinking the battery might be dead, i've just tried it in the car ... and absolutely nothing. No lights, no charging, nothing.

looks like it's terminal. Sad

Seems a trip to Dixons in on the cards this weekend, for a replacement...
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BT light changes to red when the battery is extremely low, a complete charge should resolve this. However, if you power it on and you still get nothing then it's return and replace time.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Red light Reply with quote

The same thing just happened to me. The bluetooth LED turned red and there was nothing I could do with it. I could not turn the unit off.

I then noticed I could not turn the Ipaq off and when I did a soft reset to restart it, it came up with the warning could not initiate bluetooth driver due to lack of memory, please do a soft restart. I did that and as soon as I did the TomTom bluetooth flickered and I was able to turn it off. Somehow the two units would not let each other stop.

I then noticed that the TomTom bluetooth was not charging yet it was plugged in. I investigated further and found that the charger was not working as the US to UK adapter built into the transformer was making poor contact to the American style flat pins.

I have now put the unit back on charge and I hope it is OK.
ceesar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after the first problem I reported, everything seemed to have cleared itself up.

However, last week, it started playing up again. No end of power cycling, rebooting the iPaq etc would solve the problem.

It seemed to me that a charging circuit wasn't working correctly or something, as the unit wouldn't charge (1) in the cradle, (2) directly connected to mains charger or (3) directly connected to in car charger.

So, straight down to Dixons this weekend for a replacement...and to give Dixons their due, they replaced the whole lot no questions asked.

The cradle for this new device does seem to have a better locking mechanis, so i'll see how it goes. hope everything will be ok now - i don't fancy replacing it every 2 months though!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: