Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin I3 Versions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin I3 Versions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul4400
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Garmin I3 Versions Reply with quote

Could someone please tell me the difference between the 007 rev A and 007 rev B models as we have the A version. We got it on friday but now have the chance to change it to the B version on monday. Have updated one we have from software ver 2.30 to 2.70 and have loaded all the speed camera data base so wonder if its worth while or has latter version got newer maps??????

Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you refering to the StreetPilot i3 or StreetPilot III, as I can find nothing on my i3 that refers to v007 at all.

The only version number I can see on the box for my i3 is the map version next to the bar code in very small digits, which is v8
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See also this thread - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=31542

Hywel's comments on his 2 i3 boxes

Quote:
Box 1: Software v2.5, Maps v7, says '...preprogrammed with City Select Europe NT v7 (UK/Ireland only)...'. The box print is 007-00868-01 Rev. B (bottom left of bottom of box printing). On one side this box has a 'Navteq on board' logo.

Box 2: Software v2.5, Maps v8, says '...preprogrammed with City Navigator Europe NT (UK/Ireland only)...'. The box print is 007-00868-211 Rev. A (bottom left of bottom of box printing). This box has the 'Navteq on board' logo on the bottom of the box, with the Ordnance survey logo moved next to it compared to the older version.
paul4400
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: I3 Reply with quote

Sorry its the i3. just checked map source and it says that its city select europe NT V7. Box has a V8 next to bar code but on corner on bottom of box it says 007-0868-11 Rev.A The other one at shop has 007-0868-11 Rev.B on it so i would presume that it has something newer on it. Not sure so thats why i asked and its a free swap. :D

Thanks for reply, what do you suggest i do?
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: I3 Reply with quote

paul4400 wrote:
Sorry its the i3. just checked map source and it says that its city select europe NT V7. Box has a V8 next to bar code but on corner on bottom of box it says 007-0868-11 Rev.A The other one at shop has 007-0868-11 Rev.B on it so i would presume that it has something newer on it. Not sure so thats why i asked and its a free swap. :D

Switch both units on then select settings, now select Map and finally MapSource.
What you are looking for is City Navigator Europe NT+v8 this is the latest software for the mapping if its v7 an upgrade is promised by garmin but this involves sending the card back to them for update.

Had a look at the detail on the bottom of my v8 version box and it has v8 beside the barcode and 007-00868-11 Rev A

Just phone up the shop and ask them to check out above and if v8 swap them out if v7 then i would not bother.

Derek.
paul4400
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: i3 Reply with quote

Timber

Thanks for box info :D ours had exactly the same on it as yours. Took it back today and staples replaced it with another one (same box numbers again) but this one had +v8 maps when i fired up unit and checked map source.
Turned out that someone had put wrong unit in wrong box and they found and sorted it before we left with our new one.

i3 was £119 but they price matched dixons(who had none Laughing ) + a little so got it for £97 in the end, a bargain i reckon :D

Just to say that all staff at staples gt yarmouth were very helpfull and patient and we got it all sorted with no fuss :D :D

Thanks all for your help :D
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: I3 Reply with quote

paul4400 wrote:

I do now see that same number on my box, with the v8 next to the bar code, which shows the i3 is supplied with v8 map, so I presume that I have the latest version. The number on the box may be for the print packaging and not the i3 it's self.

Look on the i3's menu - Settings - Map - MapSource - it will then display the map version, which should be - City Navigator Europe NT+v8

If you have a box that says v8 next to the bar code, but an i3 that says City Navigator Europe NT+v7 on the i3's Map menu then take it back.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now see that while I was typing my reply you are sorted.
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: i3 Reply with quote

paul4400 wrote:
Timber

Thanks for box info :D ours had exactly the same on it as yours. Took it back today and staples replaced it with another one (same box numbers again) but this one had +v8 maps when i fired up unit and checked map source.
Turned out that someone had put wrong unit in wrong box and they found and sorted it before we left with our new one.

i3 was £119 but they price matched dixons(who had none Laughing ) + a little so got it for £97 in the end, a bargain i reckon :D

Just to say that all staff at staples gt yarmouth were very helpfull and patient and we got it all sorted with no fuss :D :D

Thanks all for your help :D

Where is the hankies nearly brought a tear to my eye Smile i'm pleased you not only got the latest version but also one of the cheapest (apart from the Somerfield staff who got discount on the £99 price tag)This will save you the hassle of upgrading the mapping software.

Regards from a cold with snow on the way SW Scotland.

Derek.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: