Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using TTN5 with Hard Buttons to Switch to Music Player
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using TTN5 with Hard Buttons to Switch to Music Player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pessable
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Using TTN5 with Hard Buttons to Switch to Music Player Reply with quote

I have been happily using TTN5 on my Ipaq2210 for some time. Recently, however, I forgot to take my charger on holiday and consequently the Ipaq ran completely out of battery power.

No problem, I thought, I've done regular backups. However, I was unable to restore any of my backups without the device hanging at startup (a bit of Googling suggests this is a known issue related to TTN). Anyway I went about rebuilding my Ipaq, reinstalled all my apps (luckily all my data was on CF or in Outlook) including TTN5 (although I made sure I dowloaded the latest version) and my favoured music player (Mortplayer).

However, since my rebuild a couple of things have changed, one positive, one negative. Previously I always had to manually select my Clip-on BT GPS Receiver, but now its automatically detected without my intervention. On the downside now though, I can't use the hard buttons on the Ipaq to switch to Mortplayer although I can go the other way - it's as if TTN5 is not detecting an interrupt because if I exit TTN5 the hard button command is then executed. If I play an MP3 and then switch to TTN5 it will continue playing fine until the end of the track/podcast and then stop, until I exit TTN5 at which point it continues onto the next track.

Anyone have any ideas on how to cure this. Are the two changes related?

Many thanks,

Pessable
BodgerBaz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding was that TTN used pretty-well 100% of the power when it was running so I'm surprised you were able to use 'anything' else while it was running, never mind an mp3 player.

I've used my TTN on a PDA for hundreds of miles and have only ever seen the screensaver kick in three times!!!
Starfish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem with my Axim X50V.

It used to be fine with Mortplayer / TTN3, but since I "upgraded" to get better map support, I can't use my MP3 player as effectively.

If I run up TTN5, then hit my hardware button, it will launch Mortplayer and I can fully interact with Mortplayer with the navigation still going on in the background (voice directions continue). When I hit my hardware button to switch back to TTN5, I get full TTN5 functionality with the MP3s still playing fine in the background.

However, if I press my hardware button to switch back to Mortplayer, to change playlists for example, nothing happens. Sometimes I get an error about insufficient memory. When I exit TTN5 I often get some wild screen switching and other activity which suggests the button presses have been queued up, waiting to execute.

Just while typing this I had an idea, tried it and it kind of works, but is messy. Here's what I did:

1. I have one hardware button assigned to TTN5, one to Mortplayer and one to "Today" screen.

2. From TTN5, I can press the Mortplayer button to launch the player, set up the playlist etc I want, then press the TTN5 button to go back to navigation.

3. If I want to bring up the MP3 player, I press the Today button, then from the Today screen I press the Mortplayer button

4. To go back to TTN5, I just press the TTN5 button.

It's not very elegant, but it does work. Please post if anyone has a solution with less button presses!

Martin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: