Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sat dropout
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sat dropout

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simkna
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: Sat dropout Reply with quote

I have been experiencing a few problems recently. My setup will work fine for a while, then all of a sudden, TTNav shows no sats (sat bar starts flashing). If I toggle to GPS status window, I have still have a connection (running dots), but no sat signals at all. If I leave for a few minutes, it sometimes eventually gets signals again. However, I have found if I turn of the PDA, then turn it on again (without exiting TTNav), then the sat signals drop back to a full lock again within a couple of secs. Has anybody else seen this? Just wondering if it's a problem with my GPS or TTNav GPS drivers (2.08). Winfast navigator never seems to have any dropout problems BTW, which makes me suspect TTNAv.

Si.
phinea
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had something not dissimilar just recently whereby TTN has stopped communicating with the receiver COMPLETELY and I get COM port errors when trying to select any receiver other than the simulator.

This came up yesterday when the map suddenly stopped updating during a journey. When I checked the GPS status - like you said - there were no rolling dots showing the comms working. However, ulike you I have not been able to get it back and the situation has gone from bad to worse.

I've mailed TomTom but will certainly not be holding my breath. I'm going to try a reinstall and see if that works.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that this software sucks - I've had repeated problems with it failing in various ways (not displaying North, working backwards and just about every 2nd or 3rd time I use it it hangs & requires a soft reset) and that it was a lousy buy.

Cheers,
John
simkna
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, that's different, read my post again. I never lose signal from the GPS, dots keep on running. I just lose all signal from the sats themselves.

Si.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: