Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XDA Mini S & BT GPS Receiver problems....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XDA Mini S & BT GPS Receiver problems....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
specialbrew85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: XDA Mini S & BT GPS Receiver problems.... Reply with quote

Hi, I'm completely new to the world of PDA's and have had nothing but problems...

I could do with some help/ advice if anyone is able to shed some light on how i can pair my Bluetooth GPS receiver (CPIT GP-27) with my XDA Mini S..... have been trying for weeks to resolve; so here's my problem...

Firstly I create a new partnership in the bluetooth settings and enter the pass key which all work fine, the i go to the next screen and the bluetooth service which is available on the device to select is only the 'serial port', the wizard then finishes. The instructions which come with the GPS Device state that the Blue light should stay on once the device is paired!?!?

I am tyring to get this stage completed before i even attempt trying to add it to my TomTom 5 Nav.

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: XDA Mini S & BT GPS Receiver problems.... Reply with quote

specialbrew85 wrote:
Hi, I'm completely new to the world of PDA's and have had nothing but problems...

I could do with some help/ advice if anyone is able to shed some light on how i can pair my Bluetooth GPS receiver (CPIT GP-27) with my XDA Mini S..... have been trying for weeks to resolve; so here's my problem...

Firstly I create a new partnership in the bluetooth settings and enter the pass key which all work fine, the i go to the next screen and the bluetooth service which is available on the device to select is only the 'serial port', the wizard then finishes. The instructions which come with the GPS Device state that the Blue light should stay on once the device is paired!?!?

I am tyring to get this stage completed before i even attempt trying to add it to my TomTom 5 Nav.

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks

You still need to set an outgoing port. In the case of your device and Tomtom it will be Com6.
Follow mikealder's instructions for pairing in this thread. http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=36100
Read all the postings as these will be relevent to you. Take particular note about installing TTN v5.2.
specialbrew85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Doh! Reply with quote

Right I did the first step by installing the update from th TomTom Website but it's completely removed the tomtom program and i don't know how to get it back on... all the files are still there in my mini sd though. I couldn't find th tomtom.cab file it supposedly installed on my xda.

Help!!!!!!
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Doh! Reply with quote

specialbrew85 wrote:
Right I did the first step by installing the update from th TomTom Website but it's completely removed the tomtom program and i don't know how to get it back on... all the files are still there in my mini sd though. I couldn't find th tomtom.cab file it supposedly installed on my xda.

Help!!!!!!

Been a while but from memory the process is to install 5.0, then run the 5.2 update via active sync. The update overwrites the Tomtom .exe in Device/programs/navigator. AFAI can recall no cab file is created. Simply tap this .exe or the today plugin to start the new installation. If the Tomtom .exe doesnt show after the update try a soft reset. Navigate the preferences menu in Tomtom to "show version" to comfirm.
specialbrew85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, got it all working now. Been away on Holiday and haven't had a chance to sort it out!

One last question (sorry) but I keep having to create a new partnership with my bluetooth device when I start TomTom as it doesnt pick up my Bluetooth receiver when I turn it back on again. Is there anyway of sorting this out?

Thanks
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the parnership gets deleted from your Mini-S bluetooth manager?
specialbrew85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sorry, the partnership is still in the list, it's just that once i've used tomtom and turned off the bluetooth receiver, the next time i go to use the bluetooth receiver with TomTom I have to pair the devices again.

For some reason the BT Receiver doesn't just connect with my phone automatically when i turn the Receiver on. I have to go through the process again for it to work.

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long are giving the two devices to connect automatically? - I have seen units take upto 45 seconds (ish) before the BT kicks in on the PDA/ Phone and the application (TomTom) will then use the connection, give it a couple of mins and see if there is any notable change in the LEDs to indicated BT activity - Mike
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont start bluetooth on your Mini-S, turn on the receiver, start Tomtom then once loaded and running Tomtom will open the bluetooth and connect, like mike says it takes a while. When done close Tomtom then power down the receiver.
specialbrew85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, Mullet..... AWESOME!

Worked a treat. Thank you so much. I turned bluetooth off and started the receiver. Then Started TomTom and after 30 secs the Bluetooth light started flashing to show it was connected. Had to wait a minute or so for it to get a good GPS Signal and then I was off!

Many thanks!

James
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James, Glad to hear you are sorted out, if you want to reduce the time taken messing around in the car, switch on the GPS as you open the front door of your house, fire up TomTom as you leave the front door, then get sorted in the car, by the time the devices are in position and mounted in place you should have a sat lock to enable driving off when you start the engine, it just takes a while getting in to a routine - don't be tempted into driving off without a sat lock as it can take ages to acquire once you are moving - Mike
rogbear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I have an i-Mate JAMIN (XDA) and I'm having real trouble getting it to connect to a Rikaline 6330 GPS. The GPS works OK with my iPAQ as long as I start bluetooth and slsect it, no pairing necessary with code. It then works fine with TomTom 5.21.

I've now transferred my SD card to my JAMIN and after some re-installation and re-registering TT5.21 is now working but no matter which way I try to do it I cannot get my GPS receiver to pair. It connects for about 10 seconds under Bluetooth manager but then drops out.

TomTom never starts the bluetooth led flashing no matter how long I wait for it.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
rogbear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note the above i-Mate JAMIN is not the O2 XDA Version but a fully unlocked unbranded one.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: