Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 5.2 + ipaq 4150= no signal. Help please!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 5.2 + ipaq 4150= no signal. Help please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 5.2 + ipaq 4150= no signal. Help please! Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I have just installed and activated TomTom Navigator 5 with my ipaq 4150, however, cannot get a signal.

Whilst the GPS receiver flashes green light I keep getting the following massage: :"Waiting valid GPS signal". After about 5 minutes the GPS receiver switches itself off. Each time I switch the receiver back on, the green light will flash for another few minutes before it goes off without getting any signal.

I would much appreciate any idea why this is happening.

Thanks in advance

Mirx
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Exactly which GPS unit are you trying to get to work? additional information such as this will aid others in finding a solution to your problem, a simple bit of advice is to try the set-up outside as the GPS units don't generaly work inside a house/ building, if you you have the yellow/ blue disk (top RH of the GPS status page in TomTom) spinning then it just needs a decent view of the sky, if its not spinning you have a setting incorrect - Mike
Mirx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Mike. You are spot on - my setting WAS wrong!

I managed to rectify the problem by visiting TT Support.

I use a wireless TT GPS MkII.
It appears that during the set up of the software, which I did indoors, my ipaq 4150 was not configured with the GPS reciever - yellow/black wheel wasn't spinning. I followed the instructions on manual configuration procedure on the TT site and my Navigator 5 now works fine.

Having browsed a little through this forum in the last few hours I am amaized with the level of knowledge and experience available to the beginers like myself. This is a truly wonderful forum!

Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: