Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tom tom one card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tom tom one card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erksome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: tom tom one card Reply with quote

Hi ,can anyone tell me if the tom tom one will take all the speed camera zoned files and the voice files without upgrading to a larger card,Thanks
mossman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will just about fit, but you'll have little room left for any other add-ons (extra voice files etc).
wayneb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: sd card Reply with quote

I Have just got myself a new 512 Kingston sdcard £19.99 inc dellivery choice staionary.
I have coppied the back up to my computer then to my new card but tom tom keeps saying no.
A big red cross comes up. i have formatted the card as fat coppied all folders including hidden folders . everything seems to be on the card as i have an sd card reader on my pc. i have tried cut and paste on the card reader.And cut and paste straight to tomtom via usb but the same message keeps coming up. any advise please Laughing
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: sd card Reply with quote

wayneb wrote:
I Have just got myself a new 512 Kingston sdcard £19.99 inc dellivery choice staionary.
I have coppied the back up to my computer then to my new card but tom tom keeps saying no.
A big red cross comes up. i have formatted the card as fat coppied all folders including hidden folders . everything seems to be on the card as i have an sd card reader on my pc. i have tried cut and paste on the card reader.And cut and paste straight to tomtom via usb but the same message keeps coming up. any advise please Laughing

First of all, does the original card work?

How did you format the new card? I'm guessing that is your problem, I've never had to format a card, they always come ready to go (and I've just put a 256Mb Kingston in my 300and it worked straight away). There are various ways you can format for FAT, maybe you chose the wrong one?
Is the write tag on the card set to 'write'? Some devices ignore this, some dont (Its not a physical prevention), maybe its the wrong way for the TT?

Finally its possible the card is a dud, or for some reason wont work on your TT, do you have another card you can try? I got a 256Mb from Amazon for £11.36 last week (waste of money getting anything bigger AFAICS) and that was a Kingston.

You could also try the tomtom software that is used to backup and restore, I wonder if that does a format in the TT of the receiving card?
Nothing to lose trying that.

One other thought, is it *definitely* an SD card? I once had an MMC card sent to me when I ordered an SD card, usually they are compatible but not always it depends on the device. Not sure how to check that, they look very similar.

I'm going to guess its the formatting though. Try erasing everything on the card, run scandisk on it, then try the backup & restore maybe that will wipe the card clean and let you start again?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: