Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Error 00000002 with synctool POI-Warner POI's / Mio 269+
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Error 00000002 with synctool POI-Warner POI's / Mio 269+
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pricey1972
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Error 00000002 with synctool POI-Warner POI's / Mio 269+ Reply with quote

Hi,

I have POI warner loaded on my Mio 269+ and can upload (sync) some POI's without problem.

However, when I get trigger happy and start loading lots more the sync fails with an error 00000002. The Mio locks up, the POI sync tool does not recognise the Mio and everyting needs restarting or soft resetting.

Anybody any ideas please, from the forums I know there's some smart people out there? I've had little help from POIhandler.com and no response from POI warner (navigating.de)

Thanks Craig
pricey1972
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Please anyone? Reply with quote

The GPS has been thrown out of the window twice now, but it keeps finding it's way back Stop!
Lee_g3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Mio 268+, and also use POIWarner, mainly for the Speed Cameras, but have also downloaded a few other POI's from them as well.

The only thing I have noticed is that it does seem to sync these files to the onboard RAM, not the SD card, and looking at the spec's for the 269+, it says the internal hard drive can only be used for MP3's and photo's. Could it be that you are exceeding the limit for the RAM, which is why the sync fails? I don't know of any way of finding out how much memory has been used, maybe someone else knows how to check this.
pricey1972
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Note form navigating.de Reply with quote

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply, I have received a note from navigating.de and they inform me that the problem is a known error which hapens if you try and sync too many POI's in an one go.

They inform me that I should sync less in any one pass. So far this seems to work, result. Laughing
Lee_g3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall bear that in mind Craig, and not try to sync too many in one go. Presume it just overloads the system, does it.
pricey1972
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Spot on Reply with quote

I think so, they were a bit woolie Stop it! on the response, but last night I selected POI's in smaller batches and syn'd everything I needed.

The problem is, when I need to update them all, I will have to repeat the longer drawn out process. Rolling Eyes
Lee_g3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will POI Warner be issuing any patches for the sync program, or do we just have to live with this 'feature'. I can't find any patches on their website, so don't know if they are likely to issue any updates.
pricey1972
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing was mentioned, let me know if you have an luck with them.
pricey1972
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Frustrated Reply with quote

The advice of doing batches of sync was rubbish. It wipes the earlier batches that way. I stumped and navigating.de are not coming up with answers....yet! Crying or Very sad
roadsleeper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pricey1972,

if there is such a lot of troubles with POI-Warner, why don't change to the free of charge program OPOIObserver?

http://www.navifriends.com/phpbbForum/viewtopic.php?t=4435

Believe me, this program is better than any other I'd seen before.

Regards, Peter.
Lee_g3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

How does this POI program compare to the other one, have you used both? Do you get frequent updates on speed cameras, as this is probably the main reason why I use POI-Warner.

Thanks, Lee.
roadsleeper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: POIObserver Reply with quote

Hi Lee,

The features of POIObserver:
1.) Warning system (not only speed cameras)
2,) Surround search in combination with program FoFast
3.) Recording system for POI's
4.) Writes a log file if you want
5.) Works with all known Navis
6.) Numbers of POI's are unlimited
7.) You can use .asc, .csv and .txt-files containig coordinates

Look to this link:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=32505&highlight=

Regards, Peter.
Lee_g3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

I have looked through the user manual, but it only seems to apply to PDA's, not to units like the 268+, unless you know otherwise. It talks about copying certain files to particular folders, which I have no access to on the Mio, do you also have a Mio 268/269, and do you have this software working on your unit?

Thanks, Lee.
durhamdad54
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: newbie Reply with quote

hi
sorry to be a pest just got mio 268+ off santa and checked out the site for
www.poihandler.com and also the site for the software needed to link it all up www.navigating.de/ i am a complete novice at this stuff
i reg with poihandler and downloaded the software to my pc ready to sync my mio but what is the total cost for a) the software from navigating.de/ and the supscript from poihandler and b) does it break the warranty by installing this stuff i want to have the speed camera stuff (hgv driver with 3 points ha! ha!)on my mio and is it easy to do
thanks in advance for any help...
durhamdad
Lee_g3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DurhamDad,

There are 2 charges for this system.

The first is a one off payment to navigating.de of €29.90 (worked out at £20.82 on my Visa card), this allows you to use the sychronisation tool. You can then synchronise all POI's free of charge, except for Speed Camera's/Red Light Camera's etc.

This is where POIhandler.com come in, they will allow you to download Speed Camera's for most of Europe (except Germany as far as I can tell), for an annual subscription of €12.00 (again worked out at £8.38 ), you can then sychronise your Mio as many times as you wish in that year.

As far as I am aware, it doesn't break any warranty to install this software, Mio even recommend this software, if you look in the MioMap FAQ's section on their website POI FAQ.

The only issues that I am aware of is Craig's above, where he had problems trying to sync too many POI's in one go, plus you also get a slightly dodgy German voice warning you about the speed camera's ahead, but this can be changed.

Hope this helps.

Lee.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: