Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom ONE and O2 XDA - how can I get traffic info??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom ONE and O2 XDA - how can I get traffic info??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrKnobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Tom Tom ONE and O2 XDA - how can I get traffic info?? Reply with quote

Can anyone shed any light on a problem I have in using my Tom Tom ONE with an O2 XDA II mobile phone?

The Tom Tom ONE instruction manual tells me to ensure that traffic updates are made via GPRS, not GSM data calls, but I'm not sure how to check this - does anyone know?

I have an O2 XDA II mobile phone. When my TT1 wants to update its traffic info, it communicates with my XDA via Bluetooth, and within a few seconds it has the necessary update.

However, it does this without the GPRS icon appearing at the top of the XDA's screen, which makes me wonder if it's making a (chargeable) phonecall every time it updates? I hope not because I was on the road for 6 hours yesterday and the TT1 was checking for traffic updates every 5 minutes..... Hell, I might have 72 calls on my bill for yesterday!!

Thinking about it, my XDA battery was absolutely flat when I got home last night, which is most unusual.

Other than when I'm checking my email, I normally have GPRS deactivated on my XDA, just on general grounds of security and preventing other XDA applications accessing the 'net and downloading things I didn't request...

I tried getting the XDA to connect up to GPRS and then getting the TT1 to update its traffic, but after it had done the update it disconnected the GPRS!

Also, if I'm in the middle of a voice call on the XDA, I get cut off by the TT1 if it suddenly decides it wants to use the phone to get a traffic update! Very annoying...

One last thing - the TT1 will happily update its traffic information every 5 minutes via my XDA unless I receive a phonecall on the XDA. Then it won't reconnect after the phonecall has finished and I have to reset the XDA before it can start connecting to the traffic server again! That's *really* annoying! Surely this can't be right? Or should I have a more up-to-date phone that's more compatible with Tom Tom GPS receivers?

Any comments or ideas would be most gratefully received!

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: