Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Car Mouting, GPS-Mouse or Bluethoot
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Car Mouting, GPS-Mouse or Bluethoot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swissgps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Car Mouting, GPS-Mouse or Bluethoot Reply with quote

I would like to install my IPAQ 5550 with TomTom GPS in to my car (Audi A6). But I do not like a lot of cables, hanging around in a wild manner.

Does anybody know where I can by a professional holder and cabling for the IPAQ?

Which GPS Receiver is the better one, the TomTom GPS-Mouse or the TomTom Bluethoot GPS?

In the car the battery-power must be connected anyway to the GPS Receiver, as to the IPAQ.

Is there an better GPS-Receiver than those from TomTom?

Thanks a lot for your help

ov
hornist
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Car Mouting, GPS-Mouse or Bluethoot Reply with quote

I've just put a set-up in my Citroen C5 with an iPAQ 5550 and the TT Bluetooth GPS receiver. I use a Brodit mount for the iPAQ.

The Brodit mount is very good and firm. I got the one with a built in power cable. I had to make some slight alterations to the alignment of the power connector before the iPAQ would slot in smoothly, but this wasn't too difficult. At the moment I have the GPS receiver holder stuck to the top of the windscreen. If you have an athermic windscreen (as I do) you will have to make sure you mount the recevier in a non-metalised bit.

The TT receiver does have a power cable that could be permanently wired - in my case this would have to run round the trim on the outside edge of the windscreen. It could be done neatly but would probably need the dealer to do it.

At the moment I just run the receiver off it's rechargable battery, which is enough for the journeys I normally do.

Therefore the only cabling I have is a single neat coily cable from the base of the iPAQ mount to the cigar lighter. It all looks very neat.

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: