Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT ONE/Packard Bell/Becker questions - looking to buy
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT ONE/Packard Bell/Becker questions - looking to buy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minkster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: TT ONE/Packard Bell/Becker questions - looking to buy Reply with quote

Ok, decided to finally buy a sat nav system after borrowing a friends (oldish) Navman and finding it really useful.

Initially, I wanted to avoid TomTom - simply because they recently packaged them with Vauxhall Corsas but I know thats a daft reason so I am keeping an open mind.

Budget is up to £350 but I'd rather spend less than more if I can get what I want.

Really liked the look of the Garmin (the one that looks a bit like a tomtom) but have ruled it out because of the in-car power cable being hardwired into the mounting bracket. Completely killing the point of having batteries IMO

Navmans seem good, but I've read differing reports about upgradability (latest maps, POIs etc) and this has put me off a little.

The Becker unit looks very very nice but I don't really know too much about them and it seems hard to find any conclusive reviews. Does anyone know if they are good?

In a similar vein, I've seen a Packard Bell 400 GPS for sale in PC-World/Dixons/Currys and its reasonably priced but once again, I'm struggling to find any online reviews to steer me.

Which brings me back to TomTom. The other night I had almost decided on a TT 500, but on reflection I'm not sure paying the additional £70+ for bluetooth handsfree is sensible, especially since my current phone is not listed as being supported (Samsung D500). That would leave the TT300 and TT-ONE. Most reports seem to favour the new ONE as its a little smaller, has better screen and the latest satnav chipset.

My worries regarding the ONE (apart from the ever fluctuating price) are the battery life, listed as being only 2hrs and the quality of the onboard speaker. Does anyone know if the speaker is poor when compared to (say) a Navman?

Any help/advice would be really appreciated. I want to buy the unit soon before I spend the money on something else!

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: