Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing the V5 upgrade to a ppc
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing the V5 upgrade to a ppc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LizJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Installing the V5 upgrade to a ppc Reply with quote

Hi

I have TT3 on my SPV M1000 and have purchased V5 upgrade. The instructions told me to delete the maps on my storage card, so I did.

I then installed the upgrade and then went on line and installed the 5.2 update.

I now find I have no maps.

I then find another instruction leaflet in the upgrade kit and that says to install maps from one of the 6 map cds that came with the upgrade. It doesn't say which one for GB but logic says to start with disc 1 so I do.

I am now getting a message that says there is not enough space in the temporary folder to run Setup and so setup is aborted. I have tried turning off my ppc and my pc (not sure of the location of the temporary folder) but I still get the message.

Perhaps I should add that the update software instructions told me to install the application to the storage card. I was surprised at this but did as I was told. Mistake?

Liz
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the bug thread

Quote:
- When starting the install from a CD, or when starting the install from hard disc but with the CD still in the drive, you may get "Cannot create enough temporary space" or something like that. TomTom have posted a workaround for this: If you get this message when you attempt to install TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 Upgrade pack please follow these steps:
1. Remove the CD-rom from your CD-rom drive.
2. Click on Start, select Run and type %temp%, then press OK.
3. Select the file setup.exe and delete this file by tapping delete on your keyboard.
4. If installing from CD insert your NAVIGATOR 5 Upgrade CD-rom into the CD-rom drive.
5. Now you can install your TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 Upgrade.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz, also watch for the install postcode check box when you install the map, otherwise it won't work (postcodes that is), also if you have any celeb voices you want to use with it add a folder called voices into the root of the SD card and put any additional voices into it. Use an SD card reader to load the map or will take ages via active sync - Cheers Mike
LizJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many many thanks everyone. I don't think I could have got this upgrade to work without all the help from this forum. I have also used to help on getting full postcodes to work by putting in the empty folder. So thanks also for that.

One last question. I am offered 3 sets of maps for Great Britain

Great Britain Plus
Great Britain and
Postcodes.

I have installed Great Britain Plus and Postcodes. What is the other one for? Should I install that as well?

TIA

Liz
Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz,

Great that you are up and running again. To answer your question, NO you do not need the Great Britain map if you have Great Britain Plus installed.

The difference is that the Great Britain Plus map contains exactly the same as the Great Britain Map plus all the major roads of europe. This means you can plan a trip fron your home address in the UK to virtually any major road in Europe without changing your map. If when you get near the destination in Europe you want, then you can change the map to the more detailed road map of that area.

Hope that makes sense.

Alan
LizJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect sense, thanks Parky

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: