Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 6 Live! My observation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 6 Live! My observation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vipergrm
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: CoPilot 6 Live! My observation Reply with quote

As a previous owner of Navigon MN5, I decided to change to CoPilot 6 plane and simply because it was/is the only product available with full coverage of Northern Ireland.

Well, I will start with the good things.

I love the fact that you can choose to favour useage of secondary, primary, street roads etc more than the other. This is a marvelous feature which I haven't come accross before.

The 'day and night auto setting' actually works. Previous software I have used did not do this.

Full post code search is great.

Home and Work address is great.

Importing Custom POIs is great, although a side from the safety cameras database from this excellent website, I haven't used.

Now the bad...

Voices - The voices are horrible. Some seem to be lower in quality than others. As I used Navigon before, the voice guidance was almost perfect. Very clear and concise. I would love to transfer it to CoPilot if it were possible.

Favourites - I find it really irritating that, every time I create a journey it saves in my favourites. I DO NOT want this and I can't find a way to switch it off. Is there a something I am doing wrong?

Street names/view - Whether using 3D or 2D, you can't see the street names around you. Again, I am comparing this to Navigon which you could always see all the street names around you. You only get an arrow and a bunch of roads that can be hard to differentiate on certain views.

Stability - After only a few days use, Copilot has frozen several times. To me, it seems very unstable. When I change view settings etc they never seem to save when I restart Copilot. Very irritating at times.

Saftey Camera warning - Basically all it does is say that 'you are approaching point of interest in 0.2 miles'. No details on the type of camera, speed limit etc. This doesn't bother me that much because there is an awful lot less cameras in Northern Ireland than in Mainland Britain.

Does anyone know when the first patch of CP6 will be released and what fixes it contains? Many thanks
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: CoPilot 6 Live! My observation Reply with quote

vipergrm wrote:
Now the bad...

Voices - The voices are horrible. Some seem to be lower in quality than others. As I used Navigon before, the voice guidance was almost perfect. Very clear and concise. I would love to transfer it to CoPilot if it were possible.

The least objectionable seems to be USA male TTS voice, which you can get in UK. Check other threads on 'voices'.
vipergrm wrote:

Favourites - I find it really irritating that, every time I create a journey it saves in my favourites. I DO NOT want this and I can't find a way to switch it off. Is there a something I am doing wrong?

No, all stops on PPC are saved as Favorites. None is saved on the PC, unless you explicitly choose one from the current trip and 'add to favorites'.
On the plus side, they are sorted on PPC as most recently used, so you can usually pick a good one from the top of the list if you repeat a trip occasionally. 50 favorites are saved. You can delete the selection all or one-at-a-time via options, settings, favorite. But unfortunately this is too slow to bother with. Missing is the ability to select many and delete them all at once.
vipergrm wrote:

Street names/view - Whether using 3D or 2D, you can't see the street names around you. Again, I am comparing this to Navigon which you could always see all the street names around you. You only get an arrow and a bunch of roads that can be hard to differentiate on certain views.

A known shortcoming, on my wishlist which I often sent to ALK. The best you can do is zoom in very close, or select "next crossroad" in the customized display line at bottom. Otherwise you have to tap and hold a street to see a name, I hate doing this on the motorcycle Sad .
vipergrm wrote:

Stability - After only a few days use, Copilot has frozen several times. To me, it seems very unstable. When I change view settings etc they never seem to save when I restart Copilot. Very irritating at times.

In USA I don't think we often see freeze-ups, at least I don't. The view settings always return to the default Driver Safety screen by (lawyer-driven?) design. Frequent complaint, that it forgets your preferred view on startup.
vipergrm wrote:

Saftey Camera warning - Basically all it does is say that 'you are approaching point of interest in 0.2 miles'. No details on the type of camera, speed limit etc. This doesn't bother me that much because there is an awful lot less cameras in Northern Ireland than in Mainland Britain.

See other threads on safety cameras for current workarounds, but I think EU and UK users are awaiting a patch to get correct speed for a camera. USA has no safety cameras.
vipergrm wrote:

Does anyone know when the first patch of CP6 will be released and what fixes it contains? Many thanks

There are rumors of a coming patch, keep watching the ALK support site.

Welcome to the club :D
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: CoPilot 6 Live! My observation Reply with quote

BMWBiker wrote:

You can delete the selection all or one-at-a-time via options, settings, favorite. But unfortunately this is too slow to bother with. Missing is the ability to select many and delete them all at once.

Sorry, I meant:
You can delete all or one-at-a-time via options, settings, favorite. But unfortunately this is too slow to bother with. Missing is the ability to select many and delete the selection all at once.
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: