Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Nav 5 Stops for no reason
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Nav 5 Stops for no reason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredFlange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: TT Nav 5 Stops for no reason Reply with quote

Don't know if anyone has com across this or found it to be a problem, but using TT Nav 5 Plus on my Ipaq RX 3715 it works fine and routes without any problems, but after a while it just stops and returns to the start screen. If you try to re-start it, often, it won't start up again unless the Ipaq has been turned off for a while, and it usually loses the route that has been planned. This doesn't happen with any of the other apps just TT. Does anyone have ideas?? I am using this with a Navi GPS cradle. The Ipaq is fairly new and all maps etc are loaded on an SD card. This is using Pocket PC 2003 as the OS software. Confused

Thanks
FF
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you using version 5.100 ?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
FredFlange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - no using v5.0. I looked at the TT web site at the bug fixes and I couldn't see anything about this being a problem that was cured by 5.1, so haven't upgraded......
ani4ani
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Same Problem! Reply with quote

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem, in that after a few minutes, the system will just drop back to my start page and / or back to bluetooth manager, even though there is a signal.

I select TT again and it comes back without a route and no GPS signal even though it is there. I almost think I am starting multiple sessions of TT and seeing different sessions.

I am using an AXIM X50V and TT 5.1

Very annoying rendering the system effectively useless
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ani4Ani - how much spare memory have you got left - go to start/ settings - select the system tab at the bottom of the screen and it will display the avail memory if its less than 10MB then this is your problem, on the same tab select running programs and see what is there - stop All should clear some space, if not how much have you put on to the PDA to consume the memory? - Mike
FredFlange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this, and it didn't seem to make any difference Crying or Very sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Lutz sugestion of installing 5,1 - if not give it a try, if your reply was to inform that the memory avail is not an issue, exactly how much is the PDA stating avail for the programs (Free) - Mike
bullets
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the same PDA Ipaq rx3715 with TTN5 and been running for a few days without any problems.

What version of OS are you running?
FredFlange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total free memory when I stop all other programmes is 15mb free for storage and 14.9 mb free for program. This can be changed if I want. I am running Windows Mobile 2003 second edition v4.21.

Cheers
asyadiqin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: TT V5.0 On XDA IIs Reply with quote

I have the same problem on my XDA IIs. TT just close without any apparent reason. It could happen just when TT starts, or 5mins later or an hour later. I am using V5 and have not tried the upgrades yet.

To eliminate possible causes, I tried running TT5 on 2 other PDAs, tried using a 256MB and a 1GB SD card, but problem still occurs.

I haven't tried adjusting the memory allocated for programs yet but will try that and post it here if there is any improvements.

For those who are not having this problem, can you post in this thread the following :-

1) The TT version (eg. TT5, TT5.1)
2) Type of GPS receiver (eg. BT, wired, etc..)
3) PPC version (eg. WM2003, WM2003SE, etc..)
4) Memory allocated to Program
5) Type of memory card used to store TT5 files (eg. 256MB SD, etc..)

This would help eliminate any possible causes. Thanks.
FredFlange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get some assistance from TT but got nowhere, however when searching on the web, found that there is a patch that somone has written that stops this happening. It is from some bloke selling it on ebay (see link below) and in frustration decided it was worth a go. The surprise is that it works and all it is is a couple of files that you load on the SD card, and then from explorer on the SD card, relinstall the application and it works! Not too sure how (waiting to find out) and it may invalidate your support but might be worth a go. The link is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tomtom-5-Navigator-Software-Patch-Stop-it-switching-off_W0QQitemZ5824615034QQcategoryZ14946QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Have a look and see what you think. When I get the answer as to why it does this I will post on this forum.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read of this link http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=28396
The O2 active Interface causes havoc on the IIs - have a close read though if you have re-installed from backup then it wont work as the back up will load the O2 rubbish back on to the device and make it worse - My IIs is fine with vs5,1 (it needs this for the on screen keyboard in nav to postcode) and as a phone no problems since installing the revised O2 ROM upgrade released about two weeks ago - Mike
asyadiqin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FredFlange, is the fix working? I tried the solution on the link given by Mike, but it doesn't seem to work. Still have the occasional crashes midway through my journeys.

Anyway of posting the patch in this thread for those of us that don't have an eBay and/or PayPal account? Laughing Would really help lots of TT5 users who are experiencing similar problem.

BTW, thanks for the info, Mike. FYI, I tried my TT5 on a Dell PDA and still have the same problem. So this is not something that only affects XDA IIs users.
asyadiqin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem is too much of a hassle at times, especially when I am midway through a journey in a place that I am not familiar with. Happens quite a few times when TT5 stop working at a critical point and I had to stop by the road to restart it, only to have it stop again a few minutes later.

Anyone can recommend me any other good alternative SatNav program besides TT5? TT5 is really a great SatNav program, if it works all the time, but I need a stable SatNav system for now. Thanks.
asyadiqin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Possible Fix For TT5 Shutting Down Reply with quote

I think I may have a fix for those users who experience TT5 shutting down while on a journey. I had the same problem before but now everything works as it should be.

PM me for the file. Please post your results on the thread and include your PDA model and PPC version.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: