Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio 168 / A201
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio 168 / A201

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mightymart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Mio 168 / A201 Reply with quote

Happy Christmas,
I want to buy either the 168 or the A201 ?
Is the A 201 alot better than the 168 ?.
Can you load the extra voices on the Tom tom 5 for both ?.
Can you fit wifi to both ?.
many thanks in advance
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only speak for the Mio 168 as I have one.

Yes the 168 does work with a SD WiFi card & works fine with my Safecom card but the 201 looks better as it has Bluetooth.

There has been a bit of a issues with the 201 running TT5 but it looks like it has been sorted so you should be able to use TT5 the same as you can on the 168 using extra voices etc.

I think the 201 is better than the 168 although the 168 is great the 201 has the newer software & is Bluetooth enabled + a better GPS chip + can be used in landscape mode + you can twist the antenna for the best reception.

Put it this way, I am looking to upgrade my trusted 168 to a 201 so I would go for a 201.
mightymart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that,
I didn't what to go for the 168 & find a couple of weeks later I should have gone for the A 201.
I have done a little homework & have found (Like you said) that they have had issues with the tt5 but seem as this is sorted, but what concerns me now is that users of the new operating system say that its not as good as the old OS ???
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's the same for any new software, it takes time to adjust to it & some people will love it & others will hate it.

I would try to get a look at the windows mobile 5 at your local store & decide for yourself but as far as the PDA itself goes I believe the new Mio 201 is a good upgrade from the old 168 & is very good value for money.

If you can't decide then the 168 will still work fine & I have always got on with it & never had any problems connecting to my WiFi system or getting a good sat fix, I like it but will upgrade to the 201 at some point.

Happy Shopping
mightymart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made up my mind to go for the Mio A 201 but unsure where to buy it from, I have seen superetrader has them with Tom Tom already installed due to the problems installing Tom Tom, but from what I have read there aftersales isn't the best & I can't seem to find anyone else who does the two items together.
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This company is very good & I see they now have the Mio A201 + TT5 back on sale so they must have sorted the software problem out because they did withdraw this package a couple of weeks ago due to the TT5 problem.

I did have a few duff Mio 168's from them before I got the one I have now from another company but to be fare they did refund me after sending me three faulty mio's which was not their fault. So given they did sort out my problems & after months of faulty Mio's & the fact that they agreed to refund me in full I would say that they were very honest & if things do go wrong they wont tell you to F*** off which many company's do.

Have a look & read the feedback about this company on this forum.

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/tomtom-navigator-5-software-and-gb-maps-preloaded-sd-card-and-mio-a201-description.html
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to sat that the delivery from Global Positioning Systems is very, very quick.

Happy Shopping & have fun
mightymart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks maca2,
I think I will go with Global positioning.
Happy New year

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: