Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Transferring CLINE.dat file
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Transferring CLINE.dat file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motorwayman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Transferring CLINE.dat file Reply with quote

Please can one of you techno wizards help me before I loose my sanity! I have searched this forum to find the answer and there are several responses that looked like they could have done the job but I am still encountering a few difficulties.

I am trying to transfer my TomTom Mobile 5 software from a 128mb RS-MMC card to a 512mb card. All went well until I tried to transfer a file called CLINE.dat from the Great Britain map folder. This just will not transfer. I have the been transferring the files from my phone to my PC and then onto the 512mb through a card reader.

Everything will transfer over except for the CLINE.dat file. I have tried putting the 128 card in the reader and then trying to transfer to the 512 card in the phone but when I try this the Great Britain file won’t open as it reports that this card needs formatting.

It is getting far too late on a Saturday evening to think straight about this.

Can anyone help.

Many thanks.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some card readers just do not work correctly, I don't know why!

But because you have tried using the card reader that file is probably on the card even though you can't see it, now when you try to transfer it to the card via the phone it says that the card is full, or the report you are seeing, I don't know your phone, but can you transfer the files to your main pc via the phone, then make sure that all the files on the main pc have NO attributes set at all, now if your phone can format the NEW card then do that, then try transferring the files to the new card again via the phone.

If you cannot format the new card in the phone then use the card reader to do it, but once you have done it, then right click the the card reader drive (G: or whatever your card reader is) on your main pc, and then go to properties - tools tab and Click the Error Checking button, make sure that you also put an tick in both the box's, then click the Check Now, once done, only a min or 2, have a look on the card, if you see any folders (lost file fragments) or files then delete them all and the card should then be clean of all data.

Then put it in your phone and transfer the files to it that way from your main pc.
motorwayman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for trying to save my sanity.

The CLINE.dat files is the only file that won't transfer manually. I have tried using the new card in my phone (6630) and everything is fine except TomTom reports that there are no maps loaded. I presumed it is because of the CLINE.dat file.

Whenever I try to downlaod this file it starts off OK downloading it from the phone to my PC then with 95% seems to have been downloaded it stops and says "The operation could not be completed"

CAn anyone think how to get by this?

Many thanks
Explorer999111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. After running a virus scan ( and finding that I did have some bugs - that were subsequently removed) , the files were then able to be copied to card via the card reader. I did everything the same and used the same card reader both before and after...... I can only assume it was a virus/bug preventing me transferring the files
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried backing up my Memory Stick Duo, but couldn't copy these files using the card reader in my Acer laptop.

I bought a Belkin 15-in-1 card reader (£16 from dabs.com) and it allowed me to copy ALL the files correctly without any problems.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: