Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 5.2 update and customised POI warnings !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 5.2 update and customised POI warnings !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willr2d2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Navigator 5.2 update and customised POI warnings ! Reply with quote

Will the customised POI warning sounds still work if I install the Navigator 5.2 update on my PPC ?

If they don't should I use the same data.chk file after the update ?
Drewzel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veHi,

I updated my copy of TT5 last night only to find that my customised POI warnings (I was using the Liz Whittaker warnings for the cameras from the Ray Flanagan Site) have been overwritten by the upgrade....so yes you will have to use your old data.chk file for any customised warnings that you were using.

My settings (distances) are ok its just the warning sounds. I pass a Red Light Camera on the way to work where I was met this morning with the "Joyfull" Bugle Sound rather than the rather pleasant Liz announcing "Warning Red Light Camera Ahead"....so when I get home I have a bit more work to do on my setup.

Otherwise.....(so far) I have not come up with any problems after the upgrade. Pity they didnt increase the number of POI warning categories from 39...maybe that will come in version6!!

Andrew
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when ever you up or down grade tt5 the data.chk file will be over written the way I get round this is to keep a copy of the data.chk file you want to use in on the storage card then you just copy it to the navigator folder on the ppc rename the old data file to something like "olddata" and the data you want to use to "data" and you have your warnings back

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
GIS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drewzel wrote:
I updated my copy of TT5 last night only to find that my customised POI warnings (I was using the Liz Whittaker warnings for the cameras from the Ray Flanagan Site) have been overwritten by the upgrade....so yes you will have to use your old data.chk file for any customised warnings that you were using.

Just updated myself with no problems. However, Ray's extended POI appplication no longer works with 5.21 (or didn't work for me - when I attempted to load up the new executable it failed to recognise it as a TomTom file). I still had the old data.chk file, but so far can't have the extended number of warnings I had previously!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: