Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - icn 610 maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

icn 610 maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
banger9365
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: icn 610 maps Reply with quote

the icn 610 come with Europe maps how do you get them to work (register)as the reg key that came with then keep saying invalid key,has it comes with them you must be abile to us them or it would be like the icn 510 no Europe maps exept the base maps (why supply something that you cannot us out of the box)
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The iCN610 comes with all the CDs but with only a single region (usually the region in which the unit was bought) enabled. If you want to enable the rest of the maps you buy another mapkey from Navman, which they can provide electronically.

That way, you don't have to wait for extra CDs to be delivered.
banger9365
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx
cruisin-thru
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a navman icn610 which has no installation discs. When I plug it in it asks for usb which I have plugged in, windows then finds new hardware but no driver, is there any way to get the usb driver? I have now bought a Navman sd card which says Drive-Away, I was assured it came from a new icn610 box but this does nothing when inserted. When I first got this unit a friend was playing with it and the nandflash was formatted/deleted, now in the diags it says no cdkeys found on either drive. Have I any chance of getting this set up without having to buy a new version of smartst. I emailed Navman but they wanted to sell me a new program disc instead of offering to sell me replacements for the originals which come with GB maps unlocked. I need the install program also to have any chance of upgrading the firmware etc but Navman will not supply anything other than new discs at full price.
cruisin-thru
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention I am appreciative for any help with this, cheers.
k2stu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using smart st desktop to check your sd card as it took me a while to realise the 610 isn't recognised the same way as handhelds are.
cruisin-thru
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not using any desktop, thats the problem I dont have it.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to go back to where you bought the unit from and get the installation and map CDs. Without them your iCN610 is an expensive paperweight.
chas921
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...........
I found the same as the other guys have mentioned...when you buy the iCN610 you will only get the street level map installed on the SD Card of your country.
All the other maps ARE on the supplied CD package, however you will require to buy the Navman Pan European key to unlock all the maps or a Single key for 1 map area. I think its about £150.00 GBP to unlock all the maps and saves having to download them, but a bit of a bummer as, like me, I`ve tried to install the maps using the supplied `keys`?
You can install the `Base` Maps which will give main routes to Europe ect but thats it.
Take care
Chas
Andycambs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Pan European Maps Reply with quote

Checking the Navman Store website http://www.navman-store.com/eu/range.php?category=Software+%26+Maps&range=iCN+600+Series - it looks as if the European and UK maps are not available at the moment.
I did email Navman and ask when the new updated maps were going to be available - and was told:

Quote:
With reference to your enquiry, we are expecting the latest Software & Maps to be stock within the next few weeks, these will appear on our website as soon as they are available.
Kind regards
highroyds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Pan European Maps Reply with quote

Andycambs wrote:
Checking the Navman Store website http://www.navman-store.com/eu/range.php?category=Software+%26+Maps&range=iCN+600+Series - it looks as if the European and UK maps are not available at the moment.
I did email Navman and ask when the new updated maps were going to be available - and was told:

Quote:
With reference to your enquiry, we are expecting the latest Software & Maps to be stock within the next few weeks, these will appear on our website as soon as they are available.
Kind regards

Well thats strange as we asked them and they told us the following:

Quote:
We now have available the new 2005 V3.5 600 series maps and software that you required. You can purchase these maps from our web store (the link below) or contact 01293 780980.

http://www.navman-store.com/eu/range.php?category=Software+%26+Maps&range=iCN+600+Series

Kind regards

navman-store.com support team
Andycambs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I will read the descriptions more closely next time!
I saw the ICN620 on offer, and didn't notice that the new maps were available for the others...
£71.95 inc postage... :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: