Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - no connection
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

no connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferret79
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: no connection Reply with quote

Hi everyone has anyone got any answers to this problem..ive got a tomtom go 700 and have got a phone connection via bluetooth and it works ok.(running a nokia 6230i) but when i try to connect to traffic / weather etc the connection bottles out telling me to@SUBSCIBE TO GPRS FIRST" and i havn't got a clue what it means i have phoned vodaphone live who is the server and they arnt very helpfull iether.(so much for vodafone!!!!!) any help would be apreciated.tnx in advance.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that means you need to ask Vodafone to enable GPRS Internet service on your account.
ferret79
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: no connection Reply with quote

thanks darren the thing is is that it must already be coinnected because i can access the internet without any pros with the phone its just that this comes up"subscribe to gprs first "When trying to access via tom tom.
AndGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went into vodafone and they said you have to be on a contract to access tomtom plus services and you cant access it through prepay
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndGPS wrote:
went into vodafone and they said you have to be on a contract to access tomtom plus services and you cant access it through prepay

Beat me to it. You ween't accessing the internet you were accessing WAP sites. Sadly a lot of networks do not allow access to GPRS Internet on PAYG, probably to prevent your credit from being wiped out as it can be expensive.
PeteD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is wrong. You CAN access the PLUS services via Vodafone PAYG GPRS. I do it every day using an old Sony Ericsson T68i which I keep specifically for this purpose.
Phone Vodafone help and tell them you want to access the Internet via GPRS on PAYG. They should enable your account to do this. It may take a few hours for it to become active.

When you are setting up the TTG use the following

APN - pp.vodafone.co.uk
Username - user
Password - user

Use automatic DNS

Hope this helps.
ferret79
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to all for your replies, I can access the internet with no probs and am on pay as you go..looks like i will have to phone them again and ask them to activate it from there end..prob being is that nobody at vodafone seems to know what there talking about..me thinks they should read these forums and get some knowledge from here Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: