Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Connecting Qtek 9090 to Foretrex using PC Mobile GXXDAP
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting Qtek 9090 to Foretrex using PC Mobile GXXDAP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NunoVitorino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Connecting Qtek 9090 to Foretrex using PC Mobile GXXDAP Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought the GXXDAP cable from PC Mobile to connect my Qtek 9090 (MDA III) to a Garmin Foretrex 101. I've already tried the obvious (uncheck IR Beams, modify registry from IRSIR1 from port 1 to port 9, serial com splitter to use COM7 instead of COM1) but it simply refuses to communicate. I've tried connecting with OziExplorerCE, G7toCE and Pocket Streets, all to no avail.
In Foretrex, I used Garmin interface to connect do Ozi and G7 and NMEA to Pocket Streets. The first two just give a comm failure. Pocket Streets says the the port is avalaible but there is no signal, although there is signal in the GPS. I connected the GPS to the PC with the serial cable and both Ozi (PC) and Autoroute work fine, so it should be something with the PDA.
For what I've read, the problem might be related to the built-in keyboard. Has anyone been able to make a cable connection to the qtek 9090? Is it possible to disable the built-in keyboard?

Thanks for your time and help,

Kind Regards,

Nuno Vitorino
NunoVitorino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I finally pinpointed the problem.
I've made the following tests:
1 - Using Hyperterminal with Garmin PC cable to Foretrex - NMEA Data is received in Hyperterminal
2 - Connecting Garmin PC Cable to GXDAP I was able to send a text file from Hyperterminal to tty. This means the port on the XDA is ok and GXDAP is ok.
3- Connecting GXDC to GXDAP and to Foretrex - No data is sent.

So if the GPS is sending the data as tested in 1 and the PDA receives
correctly on the port, I can only assume that GXDC is faulty somehow.

Well since I don't have a multimeter, I'll have to check on a electrical material store to see if the cable is faulty and I'll get back here to tell you the result.

Thanks,

Nuno Vitorino
NunoVitorino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Back to where I started Reply with quote

Well, after testing with a multimeter, apparently the cable is ok, so I'm back where I started and fresh out of ideas. Any hints?

Thanks for your time and help.

Best Regards,

Nuno Vitorino

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: