Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sending my Go710 to TT for repair
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sending my Go710 to TT for repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Sending my Go710 to TT for repair Reply with quote

I am sending my Go710 to TT for a software fault i have as i cannot get a hands-free connection. I was wondering if it would be better to remove all my PGPE Speed Cams from my unit before i send it in and also should i remove my 3rd party Poi's also. I will take everybodys replys seriously but i would like the moderators and PGPS team to tell me the best thing to do
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't bother removing the files, they are just POI files at the end of the day, what is the problem you have with the hands free and what have you done so far? - also what type of phone are you using, you might get a better answer from this forum to be honest - Mike
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wish to be totally "risk free" then delete the speed camera POIs at least. Whilst i'm sure we can trust the repairers you never know.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Wrote
Quote:
I wouldn't bother removing the files, they are just POI files at the end of the day, what is the problem you have with the hands free and what have you done so far? - also what type of phone are you using, you might get a better answer from this forum to be honest - Mike

Whats happening mike is i have lost my hands-free ever since i updated to v7.161 and now were on v7.162 it is still the same. When i try to make a bluetooth connection with any mobile phone i only get a wireless data connection. When it is checking phone features and you get the little globe spinning and the yellow bar going up from 0 to 100% and asks you (if asks for a password enter 0000), hope you know the screen i am talking about from this description.

When it gets to 40% it changes to a red screen and says (an error has occured in the bluetooth connection) Try again with a yes or no to press. When you press yes it goes back to the previous screen with spinning globe at 4-% and after a few seconds the red screen comes back with same message. Going round in circles. If you press no the globe screen comes back, jumps to 100% and then changes to the following features are available: Wireless data connection.

I got an e-mail from TT stating it is a software problem and needs to go in for repair but i dont want to give it to them to be honest so any help would be great Mike.

I should say that before v7.xx the features that were available was wireless data connection, hands-free, mms and others i cant remember.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a full back up of the device running the last known working configuration i.e. vs6 software and a compatable map? - if so I would try the following:

1/ Back up the device as it stands to the PC (FAQ #1 in the sticky threads)
2/ Format the memory card
3/ Re-Install the back up from the vs6 software and try for a hands free set-up

This issue might be phone related and to be honest I cannot see a software update improving matters, neither should it require the device to be sent back. If you can re-install vs6 to a working configuration does the hands free work or not, also have you tried a different phone with the device? - Mike
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mike i dont have a v6.xx back up. it was v6.525 that was working ok and as in TT the back-ups overwrite each other the last version i have is v7.161. I got v6.525 from oldboys website but i cant use it as i dont have any v6.xx maps to run it with as i bought a UK_and_ROI and it was at v7.05 when i bought it and did not save my EU map. Embarassed

I have tried 5 different phones and also my old phone that i had when i bought my TT that did have hands-free no problem and that does'nt even work now. Can you think of anything else. Hope i am not asking too much.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not too sure about this fault, but can you check the following out:

Change Preferences/ Bluetooth preferences Make sure Enable is selected then tap "Advanced" (lower left) make sure both the

"Enable wireless data"

and

"Enable hands free-calling" are selected

Also select the "can be accepted while accessing wireless data[recommended)" on the next screen the device offers. - Mike
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Mike, I have made sure they are checked and does'nt make any difference at all. To be honest i am going to send it to TT as i dont know what else to do with it. Maybe they are saying it's a software problem and when they check it out it could be a component fault.

If you can think of anything else i will gladly try but when TT e-mail me to send it to them i will probably have too.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let the PGPS Team and Moderators know i will just remove the Speed cameras and the POI's from my device, that way nothing can happen and to be honest there will be updates to put in when i get it back and i don't trust TT either.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to worry, I got an e-mail from TT today with instructions to install the Clear Flash tool and it has fixed my TT better than ever so no need to sent my TT to them after all.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: