Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - AVOID: Fotosense.co.uk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

AVOID: Fotosense.co.uk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: AVOID: Fotosense.co.uk Reply with quote

Hi All,

I know that Fotosense mainly sell cameras and camera accessories, but they also sell memory cards, which can be used in SatNav systems as well. I had the misfortune recently to try and buy a Konica Minolta Dimage X60 digital camera bundle from them. Here is my sorry tale...

On Tuesday I order camera bundle 3, which contains the camera, case, and a lot of other useful bits including a 1GB SD card. The item is showing as In Stock and my order goes through successfully. However, when I log into my account page to check the status of my order later that day, it is showing as 'Item Discontinued - your order contains no items.' Confused

Very disappointed and confused, I email their sales team to cancel the order as I decide to look elsewhere as I really need the camera by the end of the week. I find another online shop which sells the camera on it's own (i.e. not in a bundle.) Because time is limited, I order this camera instead and just feel that I have been unlucky in missing out on the good bundle deal.

Anyway, next morning I awake to 2 emails. One from this second retailer confirming my order of the single camera, and one from Fotosense apologising for the error message and saying that my item [is] in fact in stock and has been dispatched to me to arrive the next day! 8O

So, in a hurry, I phone the company who I ordered the second camera from and asked to cancel this order, which incidently had already been charged to my credit card, so I now have to wait for them to refund the money. :-(

I then phone Fotosense to confirm that everything is OK with the order and to ask what they can do to make up for the hassle they have caused me. They say that they have taken £3.00 off the postage (£13.00!). As I just want the camera by now, I accept this and await my delivery. I have specifically chosen the afternoon delivery option so that there is more likely to be someone at home to receive the parcel.

At 10:40am the next day, the courier van turns up to an empty house and has to leave his card to say that he called and no one was in. That means a 45 minute drive that evening after 18:00 to Aylesbury to go to their depot to collect the parcel. Evil or Very Mad Luckily I was not charged any extra for afternoon delivery as it is the same price as morning delivery, but still... You'd think they'd be able to read a simple instruction! Rolling Eyes

I get the package home and open it and start setting the whole thing up. This is when I notice the next error. Instead of the 1GB SD card that is supposed to come with this bundle, they have sent me a 512MB SD card!!

I emailed their sales team straight away to say how unhappy I was with their service. I hope to get a response from them sometime today, hopefully with an offer of sorting this out! I work during the day so it's hard for me to get to the post office (would have to be a Saturday morning job) so I would be happy to keep the 512SD card, but would like a substantional amount credited back to my credit card to make up for the difference between the 1GB and 512MB SD card and also all of the hassle that this has caused me.

My opinion: If you want reliable and efficient service, do not shop at Fotosense.co.uk. They will certainly not be getting anymore business from me and my friends and family say that they would not consider using them either after hearing this story.

Regards,

Laura.
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have since contacted Fotosense.co.uk and (after several attempts) managed to get a goodwill gesture from them - I get to keep the 512MB SD card and they have sent me a 1GB SD card as an apology. :D

Nice one.

Regards,

Laura.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: