Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - how to install speed cameras for tomtom 5 navigator
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

how to install speed cameras for tomtom 5 navigator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahsan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: how to install speed cameras for tomtom 5 navigator Reply with quote

hi, this is the first time im ever using the tomtom 5 and some one told me you can download speed camera database for tomtom 5. i managed to read your article on how to install camera for tomtom 5 but sorry it was quite hard for me. i have installed tomtom navigator 5 on my memory card. i have 2 folders, there one with great britian map and one great britian map PLUS.
Now can you please direct me where and what camera zip file i need to download and how and where to install them. i would appreciate it very very much. thanks one again.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ahsan,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

ahsan wrote:
hi, this is the first time im ever using the tomtom 5 and some one told me you can download speed camera database for tomtom 5. i managed to read your article on how to install camera for tomtom 5 but sorry it was quite hard for me.

You need to decide which database categories that you want to use. Do you want speed-zoned categories or just the major grouped categories. Once you’ve decided that, you will need to place the .OV2 file (the database) and it’s corresponding .BMP file (the map icon) into the folder of the map that you wish to use.

ahsan wrote:
i have installed tomtom navigator 5 on my memory card. i have 2 folders, there one with great britian map and one great britian map PLUS.

Which map do you want to use? Great Britain is just the map of Great Britain, whilst Great Britain Plus is a combined map of Great Britain plus MRE (Major Roads of Europe).

ahsan wrote:
Now can you please direct me where and what camera zip file i need to download and how and where to install them. i would appreciate it very very much. thanks one again.

Please re-read the guides in the following order:

Arrow The beginner’s guide to the PocketGPSWorld camera database.
This explains about the different camera types and about categories and subcategories, so that you can decide how you want the database on your unit.

Depending on whether you have TomTom Navigator on a Pocket PC or TomTom GO, please read either:

Arrow How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5.
This guide explains how to load the PocketGPSWorld camera database onto a Pocket PC running TomTom Navigator 5.

Arrow How to install (camera database) POIs onto a TomTom GO.
This guide explains how to load the PocketGPSWorld camera database onto your TomTom GO.

The above guides may look lengthy and complicated when first seen. However if you grab a cup of coffee and read each one thoroughly then they should make sense as they have been written in a step-by-step way, for ease of reading.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and have a look at this to see if it throws any light in your darkness. Smile
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=28738

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
ahsan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D thanks a lot. i have now installed camera files thanks to you old boy and privateer. much appreciated. sorry to bother you one last time. you know you can get verbal warning as well, when you approach a POI. how can i do that, once again kindly use simple words, non technial. thanks once again. :D Wink
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start by going to this page.

About halfway down is a grid of various download links. The first thing you have to do is find out which TT version you have, and possibly which device (Palm, PPC, Mobile) you are using. You then match that the correct download.

This will download to your PC a file named xxxx_new.data.chk

You will need to locate a file called data.chk on your device. It might be in My Device\Program Files\Navigator. You will need to be able to see the file extensions as there are other files with the name data.

Move that data.chk file to a location on your SD card.

Connect your device to the PC and Copy/Paste the new file to where you found the original data.chk, and delete the xxx_new from the name to leave you with the new data.chk.

When you restart TTN, go into Warn When Near and although the warning names are the same, the actual warning will be different. Hint: Use the Test Button to check them all.

If you fee brave you can get lots of variations, and even alter the warning names, at http://www.rayflanagan.co.uk/

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
If you fee brave you can get lots of variations, and even alter the warning names, at http://www.rayflanagan.co.uk/

Its easy to do and you certainly don't need to be "brave" - have a look on the linked site for free voices, links to menu edditor routines etc. Well worth a look at particulaly if you want the direction and warnings voice to be the same person, it just sound far more integrated and profesional - Mike
ahsan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, thanks very much to you all. i know im being pain but i'd like to ask some more questions as you people are answering my questions preciesly.

Question: when i installed tomtom navigator 5. it told me to copy all folders from the CD to my 512 mb SD card i have installed in my pocket pc. the question is say if the battery of my pocket pc runs out, would that uninstall TOMTOM, or would tomtom still be there since it would be installed in my memory card. because when i had tomtom 3 installed on my pocket pc, everytime the battery of my pocket pc finished, tomtom 3 got uninstalled automatically? If i take the SD card out of my pocket PC and put it in a different pocket pc or an XDA, would it work by installing itself automatically.

I live near heathrow airport. There was a speed camera (yellow) installed on of the roads but was burnt out by some trouble makers. now they installed a new camera at the same spot. i was browsing through the mao view on my tomtom 5, after installing your camera database but that new camera did not appear. i thought i'd tell you so can add it to your database. hope this info helps and once again thanks for your help, indeed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: