Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Got My iCN520 - Quick Verdict!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Got My iCN520 - Quick Verdict!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Got My iCN520 - Quick Verdict! Reply with quote

Right been out driving with this tonight :D

The Unit is soooo nice... and it fits in your pocket no probs - its about the same size as a normal PDA :D you even get one of them sticks to touch the screen with :o :D

Menu System is good.... theres the ocational pause while it looks for something when your entering the address etc.. but no big deal at all as its less than a second pause.

When driving its great.... taking me the ways I would expect it too... when you take the wrong turn it takes around 2-3seconds to recalculate which is fine...

My only quible is that the sound is not that loud... you can hear is but could be louder.... soon as you get some music on if you have it fairly loud, you will soon see what I mean. However just notce the music down and push the slider up on the right and she will repeat what she said. NOT really a problem just something I have noticed.

Soooo all in all (after only one night Laughing ) I believe I have made a good buy :thumbs:

ALSO... I have no idea how people can drive with the unit in the centre of the car... tried that and didnt like it, it just feels in the way Sad - Have put it on the other side near the door low down on the windscreen glass! Much better to see and it actually improves the sound and makes it easier to hear!

Love it so far ;)
Daytona
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it! I certainly wouldn't be without my 510 now even though it still throws up the odd strange route choice.
As for having the unit in the middle of the screen, I have found it very handy particularly when driving in busy conditions in a strange area (even more so when abroad). Sometimes the mapping does lag behind the real world and it can be vital to relate not only the voice commands but the display as well to the road outside, particularly if you have a number of junctions close together. In heavy traffic, my wife often helps out by watching the display. Just recently heading back from Paris, the unit insisted that we "keep right" but with no verbal distance warning. This would have taken us off the motorway too early and with the amount of traffic on the road I wasn't keen on scanning the display too much.
shughie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren
Forgot to mention, I got a pair of tiny speakers from one of those `pound` shops, they`re intended for a portable cd player for indoor use. I put one either side of dash, plug into 520 and gives an instant increase in volume.
shughie.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: