Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 Performance Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 Performance Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: TT5 Performance Problems Reply with quote

Ok, I'm using the following:

TT5, SPV M2000, 256MB 50x SD card, wired Haicom receiver and the latest version of Checkpoint.

I'm having a problem where as my journey progresses the update time of the display becomes longer and longer. After about 50 miles the device is incredibly slow at updating (I had it up to 5 seconds between frames the other day) and it is obviously unusable.

It's easily fixed; I just exit and start TT5 again and all is well; for about 50 miles...

It is not a problem with what the receiver is sending to the device; when I access the GPS tool it shows my position updating every 3/4 second or so.

This problem occurs regardless of whether I'm using Checkpoint or not so I don't believe the problem lies there. I've given plenty of memory (about 3/4 of my RAM) to programs so it has plenty to use, and my SD card should be fast enough...

Anyone got a clue on what could be causing the slowdown, and how to fix it?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the TT5,1 upgrade as that should get rid of the problem, you only state TT5 so I can't go any further - I have had problems with the O2 version of this device in the past (all sorted thankfully) - Mike
Abo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yeah, should have mentioned that... 'About' screen shows:

App version 5.100 (5160)
Free RAM: 29.7 mb
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abo have a read through this lot as it seems the orange install does much the same as the O2 one - it ruins the device - can't comment on the solution as I don't use orange but it looks like the same problem
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=28701&highlight=orange

Mike
Abo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thanks for that. I'll give it a whirl. I'll lose my work email sync but I can live without it for a couple of days I guess...
Abo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that did the job! Did about 140 miles this morning and only a tiny bit of slowdown toward the end of the trip, but nothing to worry about.

I've reinstalled my corporate email sync now; I've got the 140 mile drive back home in a couple of hours so I'll see how it goes then...
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it works for a longer term solution, the sooner the mobile companies stop putting rubbish on their products the better, it a simple rulr offer the additional service that they "offer" but don't load them up by default as a new user has little knowledge of the problems until too late, pet hate of mine I am afraid - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: