Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help - TomTom 3 and 5 don't work on Ipaq 6340
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help - TomTom 3 and 5 don't work on Ipaq 6340

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobM2208
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Help - TomTom 3 and 5 don't work on Ipaq 6340 Reply with quote

I hope someone can help. I had my Ipaq 5555 stolen from my car 2 weeks ago and purchased a new Ipaq 6340. I have both TT3 and TT5 (both bought through TT). I cannot get the Ipaq to commuinicate with my TT GPS (silver one). I am an IT project manager so have a good technical knowledge therefore I have checked all the standard things (ie paired devices, forcing TT GPS connection, etc.)

The Ipaq can see the GPS through Blue tooth but when ever I fire up TT Navigator I get the message "GPS signal unreliable" (under TT3) and "No GPS device" (under TT5). Both worked fine on the Ipaq 5555 but depsite uninstalling, reinstalling, soft reboots, hard reboots etc etc I cannot get these 2 to communicate correctly

also......

I have to go into Blue tooth manager and manually connect the GPS as it does not autodetect the GPS (unlike my 5555 which autodetected the Bluetooth GPS immediatley)

I hope someone can help

Thanks
Rob Laughing
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6340 works just fine with both TTN versions.

Make sure to enable the outgoing BT port COM 7. Then in TomTom select "Other BT receiver" and specify that port .

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
RobM2208
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6340 works just fine with both TTN versions.

Make sure to enable the outgoing BT port COM 7. Then in TomTom select "Other BT receiver" and specify that port .

Hi
Could you please tell me where I can enable BT port COM 7 as I cannot find this option anywhere on my 6340?

Also under TT3 is there the option to select other BT receiver? as I have seen this on TT5 (which I am not using 'cos it's rubbish)?

Thanks very much
Rob
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 6340 works fine with TT5. However I had to tell TT that my Parrot BT receiver was a serial connection not BT - even though it clearly isn't. When I told it that it was "other BT receiver" I had similar problem to you.

Detailed instructions for this are on the TT website - from memory you can specify your PDA and they will give specific instructions on the serial com port number to give. I understand from another post that this is the same for all Sirf Star BT receivers.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: