Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Crashing, crashing, crashing!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Crashing, crashing, crashing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordiegord
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Crashing, crashing, crashing! Reply with quote

Aaaaarrrggh!

I feel a bit better now. I am having allsorts of problems with TTN5. It keeps crashing out of the application. Doesn't matter if it is in the car, in my hand or whatever. It seems completely arbitrary when it does it. When I am in the car I can be sailing along and glance over at the display and it has gone. It doesn't seem to matter how long it has been used either.

At first I thought it was a cheap SD card. I had heard of issues with the ByteStor 1 GB Hi-Speed card from Amazon, so I have now purchased a Kingston branded card and it is now doing the same thing!!

Following the crash I try to restart TTN5 and the OS reports that the app (or one of it's components is missing). If I look at the SD card (Where I have installed the maps AND the app [is that a mistake]) it has become corrupted! Hieroglyphics and doubled up data all over the place! The zip file even decided to show up on the SD card and the My Docs folder! A format of the card doesn’t seem to have any difference.

What is the problem? Is it the card, TTN5 or my hardware?

Any pointers or hints will be gratefully appreciated

Cheers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
WiFi & BT
WinMob 2003 SE
TTN5 Wired TT Receiver
Snooper S4 Neo
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi you said you have loaded the app onto the sd card as well ..
you should rather run the app from the ppc and the maps from the sd card
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zip folder will be in the My Docs and SD card, this is the sugested way to get TT5 to work properly with the postcode feature - this is exactly what they tell you to do on their site. If you are copying an existing SD card make sure you copy "hidden files" as well as the others, and if you need to wipe the card try formatting it before putting the data across - what unit are you running this on is it an XDA by any chance, if so ditch the active interface that O2 insist on supplying these machines with its useless - Mike
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gordiegord
It always best when entering anything on the forum to let other people know about your hardware/software. (for example Ipaq 2210, BT338, TT5.01). Your set-up information then catches the eyes of other users with the same set-up and those users may have had (and overcome) the same problems as yourself.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
gordiegord
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor1234 wrote:
Hi gordiegord
It always best when entering anything on the forum to let other people know about your hardware/software. (for example Ipaq 2210, BT338, TT5.01). Your set-up information then catches the eyes of other users with the same set-up and those users may have had (and overcome) the same problems as yourself.

What, like it says in my signature? Am I missing out vital information here? I thought my signature setting had all the necessary detail.

I am gonna try a complete re-install on my Dell Axim X30 624Mhz PDA, of Tom Nav 5.10. I shall load the app on the default setting and the maps will stay (obviously!) on the 1Gb Kingston 50x SD card.

It really has been a pain, trying to get the darn thing working. Had TTN3 on previous and I am begging to wish I still had. In Spain later this week, so will try new install there.

Was that enough info?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the setting in your profile marked
Always attach my signature:

Turn it on then others might be able to see it Wink

Mike
gordiegord
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno how that happened!!?? My sig appears in the first post fine, but it had decided to remove itself from any further posts. Oh Well - It's back now, I think

Rolling Eyes
WiFi & BT
WinMob 2003 SE
TTN5 Wired TT Receiver
Snooper S4 Neo
scoobydoo711
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I had a similar problem with TT5 crashing on my HX4700, what I have done that seems to have stopped it is turn off ALL the Tom Tom supplied POI's and now it's stable and hasn't crashed since. The crash only occurred when the POI symbol was going to be displayed on the map.

All non Tom Tom POI's, speed camaeras etc. work fine but most TomTom ones cause TT to close when displayed.

I experimented by going into 'Browse map', selecting 'Options' then 'POI' and turned all POI's off, then closed down and restarted. Next I enabled each POI in turn noting the ones that caused TT to crash out. You probably need to zoom out the map to ensure that each POI is on the section of displayed.

Scooby Smile
TT 6, Memory Map 5

Nokia N73, 1GB Mini SD, TT 6

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: